SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   1 Crew member needed from Florida - NZ (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/73429-1-crew-member-needed-florida-nz.html)

TeMPuS2010 04-06-2011 10:27 PM

1 Crew member needed from Florida - NZ

Hi I have posted before but we are still looking for the 4th crew member to join us onboard. We are travelling from Floridas West Coast to New Zealand. The trip will take approximately 4 months. We do have some people who are keen to do sections, but if I can find someone that can do the whole trip that would be preferable.

A brief guide to our intended stops:
Bradenton, FL
Cancun, Mexico
Isla de Providencia, Colombia
Panama
Galapagos Islands
Hiva Oa, Marquesas
Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
Papeete, French Polynesia
Moorea, French Polynesia
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Aitutaki, Cook Islands
Alofi, Niue
Nuku'alofa, Tonga
Auckland, New Zealand
Lyttelton, New Zealand

The boat is a 44ft Kalik sloop. The boat is in the process of a big upgrade, we will have new 4 person offshore life raft, new watermaker, solar panels, wind gen, its got a new tender and outboard, two bathrooms, flat screen tv and the list is growing each day of what we are installing or replacing as needed. As for us, I am a plumber by trade, and the other two work in television. We are all pretty easy going and easy to get along and aged between 25 - 28.

This is a shared costs trip, i will be paying for everything I would have to pay for if I was on my own like diesel, boatbits, spares, marina fees. You pay your costs which means you pay your flights, food/drinks ashore, a share of food on board, and any clearance fees or customs obligations. All other expenses are taken care off. (Also if you have your own life jacket that would be awesome!)

lickingcardboard 04-06-2011 10:40 PM

if only i had a passport and the funds, Fair Winds and keep us posted on the Trip.

JSchilz 04-06-2011 11:54 PM

What are the dates?

TeMPuS2010 04-07-2011 08:09 AM

We are aiming to leave Florida at the end of this month (April) / at the beginning of May

DwayneSpeer 04-13-2011 03:35 PM

will you pay?

Will you pay airfare to and from Washington State?

katiemcgee 05-02-2011 09:39 AM

I see that you planned to leave around the end of April, however if you are still looking for a fourth crew member I am very interested. I am young and very eager to learn. I am hard working and fit. I would love to be a part of your crew.

seafever12 05-08-2011 12:16 PM

crew member wanted

HI,

I am in Bradenton, FL also, Experienced mature Sailor seeking a full-time crew position on your sailboat or powerboat. I am an active racing member of the Sarasota Sailing Squadron. I have owned several sailboats and have raced Hobie 16's to sailing on a Tayana 38 and above. I have been sailing my whole life, sane & stable man here. I am off for the summer of 2011 from June 10th to the end of August and I am available to crew for that time. Can be a full-time position if the situation is right.

Recent bluewater experience was crewing for 3 weeks sailing from Freeport, Bahamas to New London, Conn. via Atlantic Ocean and ICW on a Admiral 38 Catamaran. Stood watch, navigation, cook, cleaned, helm and every other duty needed to keep the sailboat maintained properly.

I have cruised in the WhitSunday Islands, Australia, Long Island, NY, West Coast of FLorida and the Caribbean. I am very fit, clean cut prof., stay calm under pressure, energetic, adventurous, non-smoker, great cook, healthy lifestyle, very handy, down-to-earth, open-minded, certified scuba diver, valid passport and just enjoy being on the water. Luv dogs and animals, Will treat your yacht as if it was my own. I have a B.S. in Technology, currently employed as a Fitness instructor for a school district. Give me a call or email and letís chat.

Joseph

dockin7@aol.com