SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Woman Crew Member Available NOW

2K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Woman Crew Member Ready to Sail. Been living aboard for over a year and I love it. Looking for a good boat and a seaworthy captain; or is it the other way around? I have done one Trans Atlantic then cruised the Azores and the west coasts of Portugal and Spain. I have had a couple of paid positions including one as first mate and hostess on a large sailboat in the Gulf and the costal bend of Texas. My skills include: cooking, varnishing, general boat chores, maintaining engines and other boat systems, doing minor repairs and troubleshooting, basic canvas work, and first aid. In other words I can fix the stove AND cook dinner on it. I am interested in learning navigation and continuing to work on my sailing skills. I’d like to be aboard a new boat soon. I will consider a paid or unpaid long-term position, i.e. no deliveries. I am looking for a competent and safety conscious captain who doesn’t have a cocktail until the hook is down or the lines are secure, who doesn’t yell or call people names, wants a sailing buddy (holding open the possibility of more), and wants crew to be aboard sooner rather than later. I’d rather to stay in warm climates, prefer cruising to passage making, circumnavigation is a possibility. I am 47 years old, retired USAF, and hope never to work or live on land again. I enjoy SCUBA, most kinds of music, reading, and meeting all the nice folks that are out there. Please email me at Sea2See@PocketMail.Com for a copy of my current resume. PLEASE use that address for a quicker reply, I don''t check this very often! For a overview of skills and a photo see my personal page.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking for one person for crew from Key West to New England. Plan to leave Key West around April to be in RI after Memorial Day. Taking my time with the return trip. Would like someone for any portion of the trip. Can meet any where on the East Coast or ICW. Able to siglehand the boat myself so wherever you want off is no problem.

Retired Navy ... would consider heading further south with right person that has their own financial support .

NON-Smokers Only!

#3 ·
Looking for one person for crew from Key West to New England. Plan to leave Key West around April to be in RI after Memorial Day. Taking my time with the return trip. Would like someone for any portion of the trip. Can meet any where on the East Coast or ICW. Able to siglehand the boat myself so wherever you want off is no problem.

Retired Navy ... would consider heading further south with right person that has their own financial support .

NON-Smokers Only!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.