Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
I wish I could join you. But it would mean leaving my wife alone while I was gone a month. She missed me greatly during the two weeks I delivered my own boat from Florida.
WELL.

If weather come along you might end up in Tahiti. Would she be against joining you there.....thanks......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-26-2011

Cat 36 is on a distinguished road
I would be interested but, I am crewing on a boat from Honolulu to San Diego in two weeks. If you haven't left by mid August let me know and I could probably help you transit across.
Old 06-27-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Tahiti! She chuckled and drooled a bit I think. But she still has a job!
Old 07-13-2011

emt281101 is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I am very interested in a crew position aboard your boat. I do have a USCG Master's 50 ton license, with both sailing and towing endorsements. While I don't have a resume, I have outlined my experience below.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay when I was 6 months old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. This past June, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT-Basic, with plans to study for my paramedic license within the next few years.

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Corey Mitchell
Old 07-14-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Corey you sound like great crew. Unfortunately for you I had crew board the boat last night. It seems we will be departing this weekend as soon as weather clears. Thanks for the note...........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 07-14-2011

emt281101 is on a distinguished road
Bummer. Safe journey!