Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road
Full time long term cruising

You see, Iíve this little problem; Iíve this beautiful big boat & no one to share it with.
If you have youth, are unencumbered, a zest for life & adventure, possibly this is the situation for you. If you donít buy into the 2.4 kids, the workaholic husband, the white picket fence & the mini-van, possibly this is the situation for you.
I doubt that I could be accused of being "good looking". I am over 60 with white hair & beard, very healthy, tan & reasonably fit. As a former "flower child & hippie" from San Francisco, I have a great attitude toward life & the pursuit of happiness, but having sailed this boat several years alone, I am tired of "alone". I have NEVER enjoyed the company of men, so Iím offering the right woman a home & platform for a unique & bohemian lifestyle.
Full time cruising, with no itinerary, deadlines or commitments (other than to the boat & lifestyle).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
May be you should looking into this site. I think this will work well for you. For an old man with money looking for young chicks, any arrangement you like, from short to long term, from friendship to intimacy, any favors you like.

Free Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals

Capitalism at it best. . Let us know how you make out, I am sure there are more lonely old men and women out here looking for hook up.

Note: I have no financial interest to the site mentioned above. No. I am no a member either. ….. hahahah.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Last edited by rockDAWG; 07-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2011
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road
Get a grip, dude

rockDAWG
If THAT was what I was seeking, I'd thank you.
I've no idea of how much cruising or even sailing you've done, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the last twenty years of MY life "arm chair" sailing.
At this age there are (as much as I really do not wish to admit it) things my body just cannot do, henceforth the "youth" in my ad for a companion.
I've sailed for over 50 years with a circumnavigation and numerous trans-Atlantic/Pacific crossings and have a pretty good idea of the sort of person it takes to commit to the cruising life.
Do you really think some bimbo would be a good cruising companion? You must!
So where would YOU place an ad for someone looking to sail? Free Sugar Daddy Dating & Sugar Baby Personals???
Get a grip, dude.
Old 07-13-2011
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Capta, I'd say you among a growing number of Mature guys with a boat, a dream and no one to share it with. I don't envy your situation. Welcome to sailnet! if your still here!

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-13-2011

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
It's a real special lady who enjoys the cruising lifestyle. Your money, good looks and fancy boat won't be enough to keep a good gal around. She has to love the lifestyle first...
Old 07-13-2011

rayncyn51 is on a distinguished road
Dawg,

Mostly you have good stuff to say. Now you're barkin' at this new guy like some kinda nut. For what? You made the first assumption. Usually when I'm crazy ticked at somebody it's 'cause they're where I want to be.

Capta,

Welcome to sailnet. Hope your plan works out. Somehow I sense that it will. Good luck.
Capt Len likes this.
Old 07-13-2011

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Folks will notice some discontinuity in this thread. That is because several posts have been taken down -- they went way overboard. Please keep the discourse civil and the language family friendly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 07-13-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2011

Andrea Royer is on a distinguished road
I have to say, as a young girl that truly loves sailing, has experience and would be interested in crewing for someone generous and more experience, that I found Capta's post slightly odd.

It's one thing to ask for someone that shares your passion for sailing and crusing and another to ask that she not buy into kids and a husband. And to include a physical description.

Is this a forum for finding and placing crew? Or is it a forum for sailing personals? There's a fine line, and I don't particularly blame rockDAWG for drawing attention to it.
Old 07-16-2011
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Dude, you need this site:

Sea Captain Date

I'm surprised nobody posted that link yet - or maybe it was one of the posts that was deleted. My favorite line (2:18): "What? You're married?" "Technically, to the sea.....whore!"

FYI, this is a spoof site, but it was written up in several major publications who were fooled by the "legitimate" appearance of its design. But there are enough red flags to give it away, like "chatting on my trusty CB radio."

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Old 07-17-2011

schoonerette is on a distinguished road
where are you going and what do you do?

Aside from sailing a nice boat, what else do you do. There are lots and lots of older men with boats out there looking for crew. Let us know what make you especially appealing.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.