Looking for 2 crew members to help sail my 37-foot Pacific Seacraft back to Seattle i - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011
Coastal Sailor

SalishCraig is on a distinguished road
Looking for 2 crew members to help sail my 37-foot Pacific Seacraft back to Seattle i

Can split up the trip into shorter legs if needed: Cabo to San Diego approx 800 nm (April 1 to April 15); San Diego to San Francisco approx 400 nm (April 15 to April 30); San Francisco to Seattle approx 800 nm (May 1 to May 15).

Crew must have experience sailing offshore and standing watch and personal sailing gear, foulweather gear and sleeping bag. Non-smokers, no drugs and no alcohol while away from dock. References required.

Food, beverages, berth provided at no cost.

Transporation to and from dock is not provided. Crew must arrange you own transporatation to Cabo San Lucas and back from Seattle.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2011
Coastal Sailor

Please post replies in this thread and not using private messages

I am having difficulty using the private messages reply function. So I will only be able to respond to your replies in the thread itself.

Thanks

Craig
Old 07-12-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Craig, you need a few more posts before you can private message. Good luck with your trip. I found good crew on this site. It may help if you post the details of the vessel and your own sailing resume.
Old 07-12-2011

mteas1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Craig,
I'm interested and available. If you haven't found your crew yet, lets talk.

Marty Teasdale
619-482-0311
mteas@cox.net
Old 07-12-2011

Rozz is on a distinguished road
If you havnt been to San Diego before, i would be more then willing to give some ideas on places or even some errand running help. just hit me up!
Old 07-12-2011
Coastal Sailor

How many posts are required for private messaging?

I'm still kearning how to user this net...can you tell me how many posts are needed before I can use private messaging? Do replies count as posts?

Is there a way I can see the numb erof post I have?

Help is always appreciated...especially when its requested
Old 07-13-2011

emt281101 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Dear Sir,

I am very interested in a crew position aboard your boat. I do have a USCG Master's 50 ton license, with both sailing and towing endorsements. While I don't have a resume, I have outlined my experience below.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay when I was 6 months old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. This past June, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT-Basic, with plans to study for my paramedic license within the next few years.

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements. Should you require more information, via email at emt281101 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks in advance.

Corey Mitchell
Old 07-13-2011

WanderingStar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalishCraig View Post
I'm still kearning how to user this net...can you tell me how many posts are needed before I can use private messaging? Do replies count as posts?

Is there a way I can see the numb erof post I have?

Help is always appreciated...especially when its requested
Your post count is top right on your replies (6). You only need 5 or 10, so go to "off topic" and post a few silly ideas
Old 07-13-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
Your post count is top right on your replies (6). You only need 5 or 10, so go to "off topic" and post a few silly ideas
That worked for me. I did it like 8,100 times!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-13-2011
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
That worked for me. I did it like 8,100 times!
No padding, please

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Tags
crew needed , sail mexico to seattle , sail pacific coast