SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Sailing to Hawaii in late August from Seattle (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/76244-sailing-hawaii-late-august-seattle.html)

windride 07-13-2011 06:57 PM

Sailing to Hawaii in late August from Seattle

I am moving to The Big Island of Hawaii from Seattle around late August on a Chris Craft Sail Yacht 35ft. I am looking for crew and am wondering how possible that is with such short notice. Thanks, Mark

rockDAWG 07-13-2011 07:08 PM

Welcome to sailnet :). Late Aug is still not too bad, and still have plenty of time to get crews and talk to the crews.

It is helpful if you can state

1. what are your requirements?
2. what are you willing to provide the crews
3. the general inventories of the boat
4. your or the captain experience
5. etc.

Since you don't have PM privilege, please state your email address will be helpful for other to contact you. You email should be written this way to avoid robot attack
xxxx at xxxx dot com.

Good luck

surf4lf 07-15-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windride (Post 749923)
I am moving to The Big Island of Hawaii from Seattle around late August on a Chris Craft Sail Yacht 35ft. I am looking for crew and am wondering how possible that is with such short notice. Thanks, Mark

my name is neill im 27 im not a pro at sailing but i can take watches @ a very hard worker. im from oahu but ben in north west trying to work on a snow board career
building terrian parks.im ready to get back to hawaii @would love to sail home. i have money saved @ to hard working hands. email is surf4lf@yahoo.com

windride 07-16-2011 02:18 PM

Thank you everyone for your comments and interest. I've had so many friends jump on board. So I won't need crew after all. thanks though

MarikaB 07-24-2011 04:04 AM

if things should change...

Hi Mark, Ironically enough, I happen to also be moving to the big island (kailua-kona) and am really hoping to sail there. I have 2 summers worth of random experience, am a quick learner and am a very capable female. I am currently living in Vancouver, Canada. Let me know if you'd be interested! Cheers!
marika.buursma@gmail.com

tdw 07-24-2011 05:49 PM

Peoples ... it is really not a good idea to use your full email address. It is safer and will result in a less Spammier life to type it as e.g. sailnetdotmemberatgmail.com

ShawnandSteven 08-03-2011 03:39 PM

My partner and I are doing a quick recalibration of our lives, and are thinking we will also leave from Seattle (Late August to Mid Sept) and sail to Mexico! Of course we are crazily trying to figure out how to outfit our boat properly and gettin' her done. I just joined Sailnet with hopes of finding others wanting to either buddy boat, crew, or at least provide good advice to our sail. Hope you have a great trip, and let me know if you have time in Seattle to meet for a beer before your journey!
Steven

jlepke 02-06-2012 11:10 AM

looking to sail to Hawaii summer/fall 2012

I am looking to join a sailing from west coast to Kauai one-way this summer. No open-ocean experience, but experienced owning a 40 Bristol on the New England coast. 60 yr old married male - moving there this summer/fall.

jlepke 03-21-2012 06:19 AM

Re: Sailing to Hawaii in late August from Seattle

We (2 of us) are eagerly looking to join a crew this summer to Hawaii, specifically Hanalei Bay (if possible). No blue water experience, but lots of distance off-shore. Please contact joann at nsautomation.com to discuss.

Faster 03-21-2012 11:29 AM

Re: Sailing to Hawaii in late August from Seattle

Joann

The original post was for Aug 2011... I'd hope there by now!;)