CREW WANTED Cruising East Coast, Fla, Bahamas, Caribbean - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2011

sethg688 is on a distinguished road
Hey Douglas,

Looks like there are a lot of interested folks posting here already, but if arrangements don't work out, I'm good to go! I'm actually going to be in Meredith, NH the last week of August, so the logistics may work out nicely depending on when you're planning to depart. I also have no dependencies or time constraints whatsoever, so I can do the whole trip.

I do have some sailing experience: Learned to sail small craft in Chicago on Lake Michigan and now I'm looking to get into cruising. I just completed a live-aboard ASA certification course, so I want to rack up some miles for my log book and I really like the idea of a leisurely cruise with lots of stops to explore.

I also like to think my sense of humor is well-developed - during my 7 years in Chicago I got involved in improv and sketch comedy, so writing and performing comedy are hobbies of mine.

Email is ranko.vs.chicagoatgmail.com

Thanks,
Seth
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2011

wawnerc@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Douglas,
Wonderful to hear back from you! Ideally Maggie and I would want to be paid at some point, but if it is the right opportunity we can absolutely share expenses regarding food, etc... We both love romping around the world and working with kids so we've got a ton of energy and a plethora of adolescent jokes. Maggie might be the funniest human alive. I look forward to hearing from you about other logistics and the like and am extremely excited about this opportunity.

Cheers,
Clay
Old 08-17-2011

naraeda is on a distinguished road
Sailing to Caribbean

Hello! my name is lexi . I would send a private message because I am not sure how to find replies again from posts on forums, but I cant because I need to write more posts before I am allowed. I dont know if you could send me one? . My friend Rachel and I are planning to move to St. Johns and we live in New Jersey now . we were going to go to Fl first and find a way by boat or plane to get to STJ, but I saw your post and thought that sailing there all the way would be awesome!! we were planning on going around that time. !!! If you still are looking for a crew there , let me know. I know you are sailing out of Maine so we could meet you there, or in Florida, or anywhere inbetween.
Hope the everything is going great!!!
Old 08-19-2011

Fun-Loving-Sailor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by naraeda View Post
Hello! my name is lexi . I would send a private message because I am not sure how to find replies again from posts on forums, but I cant because I need to write more posts before I am allowed. I dont know if you could send me one? . My friend Rachel and I are planning to move to St. Johns and we live in New Jersey now . we were going to go to Fl first and find a way by boat or plane to get to STJ, but I saw your post and thought that sailing there all the way would be awesome!! we were planning on going around that time. !!! If you still are looking for a crew there , let me know. I know you are sailing out of Maine so we could meet you there, or in Florida, or anywhere inbetween.
Hope the everything is going great!!!
Hi Lexi,

Good to hear that you are interested in sailing south in September.

Yes, I am heading in the direction of St John U.S. Virgin islands. The trip0 is leisurely in order to enjoy the east coast, bahamas and caribbean.

I am communicating with a couple of other potential crew mates but no one has been chosen yet. It comes down to the intuitive feeling inside that tells one which choice to make.

So please tell me about yourselves and I will tell you about my self. And we can see how well we could crew together.

email is sail@dd-tv.com

Douglas
Old 09-18-2011

mergrl is on a distinguished road
Hi Douglas ~ Im in florida, have a keen sense of humor,(wet
& dry), have sailing/cruising/livaboard experience, in Florida & the Bahamas, I/can appreciate the compatibilty & the team effort it takes to travel the wind on a sailboat. Hows it goin, so far ? I am available for crewing/cruising/merryment/dolphinplay, perhaps up until first-to-mid weeks in Jan, as i need to be in Big Pine Key for a birth i am attending, (am a Midwife), then able to cast off again~ ~ ~

Be Well Fed & Happy,
Sarah
Old 09-18-2011

Fun-Loving-Sailor is on a distinguished road
Hi Sarah,

Good to hear from you. Yes compatibility, I've found, can make or break a cruise. That's where I believe that keen sense of humor is the balance. So it is great to hear of the wet and dry humor, ha ha.

So far I've corresponded with a few folks with interest in sailing, and have a friend going for the first 10 days, Sept. 20 to 30. Then no one has confirmed joining the voyage for another week or longer yet, in the range of Connecticut to Florida.

There is an individual interested in going from Oct 27 to February, which would be from Ft Lauderdale to the BVI. So as it stands now Oct 1st to Oct 26 is open for the east coast cruise which would involve meeting you from Conn. to Fla depending on your schedule and preferences and from the BVI in Feb 2012 cruising to the Grenadines and back up the island islands from April to June.

It sounds like you have some rich experience and would be a very interesting and entertaining crew mate as we all learn from one another as everyone has unique and varied experiences to share.

Communicating online is a good way to see if personalities can jive in a level of harmony to get along on a cruise seems to be the next step. So if interested let know your thoughts, feelings and possible scheduling. If you are comfortable with communicating via email, which is a little more safe and efficient, reply to sail@dd-tv.com and we can begin the process.

How are you with kitties? Autie the boat kitty is our cruising companion and is at home on Friendship the boat.

Douglas
Old 09-19-2011

emt281101 is on a distinguished road
Hey fun loving sailor,

I think I might be a good fit for your trip. I do have a USCG Master's 50 ton license, with both sailing and towing endorsements. While I don't have a resume, I have outlined my experience below.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay when I was 6 months old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. This past June, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT-Basic, with plans to study for my paramedic license within the next few years.

I also have quite a sense of humor myself, and I tend to find humor in most situations. I am a huge fan of Monty Python, which has a dry sense of humor.

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements. Should you require more information, email me at captcore@gmail.com
Old 09-28-2011

ToWriteTheEarth is on a distinguished road
Hi Doug,

We are two females looking for crew opportunities starting anytime after Nov. 9th. We would have no problem meeting you anywhere in the U.S. We are new to SailNet, so can't send PMs yet, but would like to know more about the adventure you have planned and to let you know about us to see if we'd be a good fit! Do you have an email we can contact you through? Otherwise, please feel free to email us at jhofman25[at]gmail[dot]com.

Thanks!

Olivia & Janet
Old 10-19-2011

Lady Julianna is on a distinguished road
Just what I am looking for!!! Working vacation to Bahamas. Me and Mate want to go. He (soon to be retiring Navy Chief) has some experience, I (love to laugh and I cook) have had 1 basic lesson, but want to learn and get my own boat. Available Dec 18-Jan 7 for trip to Bahamas. Please email and check out my facebook page Julianna Lockley...can't wait!!!
Old 11-11-2011

fdarquea is on a distinguished road
ahoy. shiver me timbers. ho ho ho fe fi fo fum and a bottle of rum!

im a single male, 27, trying desparately to learn to sail. and im a poet i was not aware of that. it havent made much progress living in nevada. its hard sailing in the dirt. but i did find a whale belt buckle at a thrift store the other day.

so youre looking for someone funny are ya? you want to be a comedian do ya? well, just so happens I AM a comedian. if you check out the latest issue of Fictitous magazine, you can see a review of one of my late night stand up acts. the crickets wents wild.

ill trade wind you strait up. ill be funny and entertaining and cook and scrub the poop deck if you teach me to sail. im working at a lumber mill currently and have saved up 4 geese, three guineas and a duck so i can pay my own way and help with shared expenses. im good at sharing so you can have the expenses most of the time. ive commercial fished in alaska so i know what its like to spend time and be cramped and miserable on a boat. im pretty good looking if you consider don knotts attractive. and im smart too. you know newton, einstein?...fools! im really easy to get along with if you enjoy getting along. but mostly i just want to learn to sail. im scuba certified and have a pilots lisence incase you want to fly your boat somewhere. i enjoy sitting quietly in a room by myself. im thinking about getting a yoyo.

now you know alittle about me. when do we leave?

oh yea, my name is fletcher. fletcher the do-nothing. thats what nobody calls me

Tags
crew match , crew wanted , cruising single or couple