Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011

Fun-Loving-Sailor is on a distinguished road
Crew Mate Wanted -- Cruising Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean this winter 2011-2012

Crew Mate for sailing and cruising from Florida, through Bahamas & Caribbean embarking January 2012 Fla east. Looking for an individual for V-berth cabin and to share expenses approx $150 a week.

30ft S2 Center Cockpit with fore and aft cabins. Leisurely sail/cruise from Florida to Bahamas and on to Caribbean to enjoy the resplendent splendor and beauty of nature, sunrise, sunsets, wildlife, nature, meeting new people, sailing/motoring, enjoying the adventure of a lifetime.

Compatibility is the only requisite, must have strong positive outlook through all situations, experience is not an issue as sailing is learn by doing exercise, to get the feeling of the equipment and the crew, to work as a team to cruise, for new experiences.

I love laughing and joking (wanna be comedian, dry sense of humor) and am looking for like minded person to team up for the trip. I share my voyages with "Autie the Boat Kitty" who grew up on the boat, So you'll have to love animals.

Get in touch and we can start a dialogue to get know one another and test out the compatibility.

Douglas Fun-Loving-Sailor

Douglas Fun-Loving-Sailor

Last edited by Fun-Loving-Sailor; 12-27-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE ITINERARY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2011
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Welcome Doug, enjoy your stay.

I can't do the whole trip with you but I would take all off-shore (coast) with you. I will prepare and be full-equipped for off-shore sailing. I have a flexible schedule unless I am traveling. But time is very precious for me so I can't join you for sight seeing on ICW

I will pay all my own expense and provide free food for our voyage. My gourmet food is better than most if not all 5-star restaurant chef. However, it does not come with dessert or coffee.

Yes, I was a class crown. I entertained my teachers and classmates through out my years in HS and yet, I was the top of my class in grade. I have been entertaining my family and my colleagues until my time is up. . In other words, I am funny as hell.

Please do tell us: What are the boat inventories? This will help others to decide to join you or not. Save time for both sides.

Good Luck

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 08-07-2011

wawnerc@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Hello! My girlfriend and I are looking to crew this upcoming fall and winter. We are wilderness guides and have been working in Alaska this summer and would like our next step to be working on a boat. We are an extremely hard-working, energetic young couple and are both fast learners. We are also willing to go pretty much anywhere-ideally somewhere warm as we’ve spent the last 6 months in the arctic circle. We are both more than competent cooks as our previous work experience has allowed us to cook in a number of different environments and for both large and small groups. Resume’s are available upon request. Please feel free to email us at: wawnerc@gmail.com.

Cheers,
Clay and Maggie
Old 08-07-2011

Frogwatch is on a distinguished road
Let me know when you are gonna be in the bahamas (if you want another S2 as company) as my 28' S2 is currently in Marsh Harbor there awaiting me sailing her further (next stop, Spanish Wells in the Eluethras).
ohara5.0atmindspring.com (replace "at" with "@".
Old 08-07-2011

Good to hear from you rocDAWG,

It sounds good especially the "class clown" thing as without you how would we have survived school at all?

I am not to sure what to list for inventories so let me know what I could list, as it is good to get suggestions to make this more communicative.

Douglas
Old 08-07-2011

Frogwatch,

Good to hear from you. I'm thinking near Nov. 1st crossing to Bahamas as I want to enjoy the finer points of the east coast, especially Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Long Island sound, NYC, and the high points from Norfolk to Fla on the ICW which I have cruised both ways once, so there are a few ports I would like to see more of.

I have not cruised the Bahamas so any info and tips you have would be welcomed.

Douglas
Old 08-07-2011

Clay and Maggie,

It looks like you enjoy adventure too. I am not clear if you are looking for a paid passage, where you'll work aboard. I am using up my investments and savings which are finite so I would like to share expenses. Other than that you sound like the answer to my crew wanted.

How's your sense of humor?

Douglas
Old 08-08-2011

Kyhillbilly is on a distinguished road
Would love to find out more, married white male here, and this is what I am looking for. I can not do the whole trip but might be able to do a couple weeks in december and january or february. I can pay my own way and do my part to help around the ship. Have a little exp. with sailing, not much at this point. Would love to spend some time on the water this winter, do not care where it is at. In the construction business, winter is very slow. If interested just let me know, as you said we have plenty time to work out the details and get to know each other a little better.
Old 08-09-2011

Kyhillbilly,

Good to hear from yawl. Let's keep in touch for possibly coming aboard for a couple of weeks in the winter months. Possibly in the Bahamas or Caribbean by winter.

I will continue with this post and threads so keep tuned and we might be able to meet in the tropics.

Douglas
Old 08-10-2011

Kyhillbilly,

Yes it's the age old question; where does the urge for sailing originate?

It's the call of the sea, the adventure, the syncronicity with nature and the flow of the sea.

In my case, I sometimes think that I could have been a sailing ship's captain in a previous life. I can remember from an early age being mesmerized by the swashbucklers in movies and reading books like Horatio Hornblower.

There is nothing like it, sailing with the sound of the sea and nature.

Fun-Loving-Sailor
Douglas

Tags
crew match , crew wanted , cruising single or couple

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.