Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Current Port Rosslare Ireland
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 3
Crew WANTED UK coast NW to SW
I own a Colvic UFO 27 Sailing boat that is ready to depart Liverpool marina on Thur / Fri 25th / 26th of August 2011.
If anybody would like to join as FREE crew please get in touch.
To AVOID confusion This is UNITED KINGDOM (UK) England & Wales coast.
Legs of the passage are as follows:
1. Dep: Liverpool to Beaumaris (North Wales South entrance to Menai Strait)
2. Wait tide for Menai Strait to cross the Swellies.
3. Then next port is Pwllheli (Nautically charted as SW Wales it is North Wales)
Over night stay at marina to refuel , supplies, water etc.
4. Then dep to Fishguard Harbour (Mid Wales) overnight at anchor.
5. Then Milford Haven (Dale Sands Pontoon over night stay) (Pembrokeshire).
6. Then Cross the Bristol Channel to Padstow. (Cornwall).
Again Harbour / Marina overnight to replenish.
7. Then Padstow to Newlyn (Penzance) at anchor overnight. (Cornwall)
Then Finally to arrive at Falmouth Harbour (Cornwall).
ALL are subject to WEATHER conditions etc.
NO FEES payable
ALL food and drink supplied on the boat.
Crew able to JOIN / LEAVE for any of the legs in the passage.
Own seperate cabin provided with sleeping bag.
Also have for crew use LIFE JACKETS & HARNESS & WET GEAR
More details contact via PM
If your after adventure/ want to try sailing / refresh your sailing or simply mile building please do contact me a.s.a.p.
The boat is CG66 registered and has both DSC / VHF plus Satellite beacon flares first aid kit etc
I have just sailed this passage South to North mostly SOLO it was very enduring with lots to see now I must return.