SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   CREW WANTED: Florida to Panama. (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/78675-crew-wanted-florida-panama.html)

flysci 09-12-2011 07:30 PM

CREW WANTED: Florida to Panama.

Hi fellow cruisers!

I plan to move my boat to Panama by the end of December. I hope to leave from South Florida by mid November, but only after threat of hurricanes is over. I am currently in NC, but can pick up crew in Florida. I live aboard alone, and would like to have 2 additional crew on board for this trip.

Route is likely to be from Ft. Lauderdale, through the Bahamas, through the windward passage, a stop in Jamaica, possible stops at Isla De Providencia and the San Blas. I want to make some stops, so it won't just be a delivery grind, and we'll have time for having fun ashore.

The boat is a 1982 a CS36T, a 36ft sloop. I have cruised on her in the FL keys and through the Bahamas. She's equipped with solar and wind power, a 30hp Westerbeke diesel, autopilot, Garmin chartplotter, 100 gallon fresh water tanks, propane stove with oven, etc.

I pay all expenses while on the boat, and may be able to help with transportation to or from the boat if you aren't coming from too far away. Message me with any questions about me or the boat.

Ciao, Margo

tortuga22 09-13-2011 06:32 AM

sounds like fun :) could you pick me up in savannah ga?

oreneeshy 09-13-2011 06:52 PM

Re: CREW WANTED: Florida to Panama.

Damn I am too early... it sound terrific! :-)
I have some time off in Florida from November 4th. Where will you be at that time? Maybe I could catch u in the way? I am a day skipper BTW looking for sea time and mileage.

Cheers,
Oren

dwyerlaw 09-13-2011 06:59 PM

I'd like to join you!

Dear Margo,
I can meet you in NC or Florida. I'm 63 y/o; happily married with four grown children. I have about 15 years sailing experience in a Snipe which I own, and a moderate amount of experience in larger sailboats. Last year I attended and competed the Sailing Skills and Seamanship course taught by the USCG Auxiliary. I've been in 5-foot waves on Lake Erie in a 34-foot sailboat.
I am a retired trial lawyer and former Air Force pilot. I'm generally a quiet kind of guy. I don't drink or smoke. I read alot. In the attached photo, I'm the tall guy on the right standing next to my wife.
I am available at the end of October, but I need to be back in New York before Christmas. I can handle my own expenses.

-Bob Dwyer

rugosa 09-13-2011 07:19 PM

Wow! That's one of my decks - CS Yachts January '78 to late '82. Are you original owner? Good to see them making long voyages. They're still my top choice in that size range, even after years working for C & C and Hinterhoeller, and commissioning a variety of the Hunters and Beneteaus. There tough, we lifted them on the main chainplates and aft toe rails to hang the keels. Enjoy the trip:D

christine199 09-14-2011 08:56 AM

Dear Margo I am a 52 year old retired business woman from the UK I have around 800 hours sailing experience and would love to join your crew.

RetCO 09-16-2011 09:11 AM

Experienced sailor availiable

Hello Margo
I've been sailing the LI Sound for many years and wanting to sail offshore and in the Caribean. I own a 28 ft sloop and am a Licenced Captain.
I would be able to meet you in Florida around that time.
Larry

flysci 09-25-2011 01:35 AM

Crewing

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetCO (Post 775577)
Hello Margo
I've been sailing the LI Sound for many years and wanting to sail offshore and in the Caribean. I own a 28 ft sloop and am a Licenced Captain.
I would be able to meet you in Florida around that time.
Larry

Larry,

Please send me an email so I can respond to you. You are not receiving PMs.

Margo
roark [dot] margo [at] g mail [dot] com

Capetinho 09-26-2011 07:41 PM

Hi, Margo,

Sent you an email.

Jim

ToWriteTheEarth 09-28-2011 05:48 PM

Hi Margo,

We are two females looking for sailing opportunities starting anytime after 11/9 and wanting to make some serious plans as as soon as possible. We could easily meet you wherever you'll be in FL. We are new to SailNet, so can't send PMs yet, but we'd like to talk more with you, find out more about your plans, and tell you more about us!

You can email us at jhofman25[at]gmail[dot]com or we can email you at the address you listed above if that is okay.

Thanks!

Janet & Olivia