SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Around the World Crew Needed (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/7900-around-world-crew-needed.html)

sammazza 08-31-2003 08:55 AM

Around the World Crew Needed

I will be taking delviery of a Norseman 447 1980''s. Will leave US coast before year-end for a 3-6 month stay in the Caribbean. Then head south on the easter coast of S. America. Whatever comes after that hasn''t been defined yet...

Looking for one or two crew member to join in and explore this planet.

This is a shared expences trip.

Sam

Lynore 08-31-2003 11:54 AM

Hi Sam,
It has been a dream of mine to sail around the world. I''m an experienced female sailor but I have no idea what kind of expenses are involved.....or rather how much money would be needed! Please email me.
Thanks,
Lynore

sammazza 08-31-2003 04:50 PM

It depends how what we do when we get to port...anchor, slip or moore. Are going out to eat one in a while...

Advice I received mentioned somthing in the $15,000-20,000 per year for food, gas and basic boat needs (pumpouts). Anything serious going wrong with the boat is my responsibility.

Basically, it depends on how you live.
Depending on things go, I and the crew may opt to provide romantic cruises serving dinner at various location as a supplemental income. Not required but could be nice.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sam

sailncycle 09-05-2003 08:59 AM

Looking for just such an opportunity, the first leg sounds great for 3-6 months. Maybe more if compatable. Email me at sailncycle@hotmail.com with a telephone number I''ll call to discuss further

Lynore 09-05-2003 10:45 AM

Hi Sam,
Where are you now located? Where will you be taking delivery at? I''m wondering if we are close enough to meet? Can you please email me at: Lynore@hotmail.com Hope to hear from you again! Thanks, Lynore

Burlin 09-15-2003 03:49 PM

We are a young, hardworking couple from Sweden who are looking for adventures on the sea!
We have no experience, but do not stop reading; we work HARD and are real easy to learn, because we have the ambitions to do ANYTHING!!

I am 22 years old, my fiancé is 20 and we are both from Sweden.
After my media studies at a Swedish gymnasium for three years I have worked at a restaurant (on a big boat), a radio-station, at a big warehouse, but mostly I have worked with schoolchildren in all kind of ages. Right now I’ am working as an Art- and music teacher at a new founded school in my hometown, Norrtälje. I play the guitar, drums and I sing my own and others songs!

My fiancée, Caroline Wiman, is an educated hairstylist and hairologist with an exam from one of the Scandinavians best hairdressing schools, Ålands yrkesgymnasium. She has practised with several celebrity hairstylists in Sweden and with very good recommendations.
She also has worked at a 5* hotel on Åland, Been a supervisor at a fashion-store, Veromoda, in our hometown, also she has worked with disabled elderly people and now she works for a girl with the diagnosis Cerebral Pares. Caroline cooks the best meals I have ever eaten!

So everyone on the boat gets free haircuts and guitar lessons (and much more music and other entertainment!)

We are a happy, superb-with-people, funny, loyal and really hardworking couple who just would love to work and live on the sea! We really hope you can find something, anything, suitable for us; we can both assure you that you won’t regret it!

Please write back if we sound intresting!

Many, many thanks from Michael Burlin and Caroline Wiman.

benlolson 09-15-2003 05:10 PM

I am planning a trip sometime next summer around the world on a backpack, and may be looking for passage across the pacific heading east (back to US). I don''t know your exact route, but am interested. Please email me back at benlolson@earthlink.net.

Thanks,

Ben

sammazza 09-18-2003 07:42 PM

Ben,

I am planning a westbound trip. Good luck finding a ride.

Sam

sammazza 09-18-2003 07:43 PM

Michael and Caroline,

I''ll keep you posted on my progress in finding a crew. There are a few ''local'' candidates. Where are you located right now? Are you planning on flying to the US?

skipperalex 10-05-2003 01:09 AM

I am a professional Italian Skipper. If I can it are you of help.
My references are visible on http://skipperalex.interfree.it/0001.html
Ciao
Alessandro