SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Perkins 4-107 parts wanted (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/79149-perkins-4-107-parts-wanted.html)

outboundboi 09-26-2011 12:31 PM

Perkins 4-107 parts wanted

Doe anyone have a 4-107 parts engine available, or know where I can find one? I know that there are a couple on flea bay, but owners are unable/unwilling to ship or part out. I need the front timing cover, oil sump, and other random parts. I can get new stuff from TAD, but of course am trying to save a few bucks. Thanks

PorFin 09-26-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outboundboi (Post 779697)
Doe anyone have a 4-107 parts engine available, or know where I can find one? I know that there are a couple on flea bay, but owners are unable/unwilling to ship or part out. I need the front timing cover, oil sump, and other random parts. I can get new stuff from TAD, but of course am trying to save a few bucks. Thanks

My thinking is that finding an old 4.107 that's being parted out is possible, but it'll take a lot of digging on your part. Obviously, your post is a decent first step. It may take a while calling around to marine engine folks, but it could pay off.

Unless you've already done so, I'd still call Sheri at TAD and ask if they've got any of the parts you need in their boneyard. Although they don't list them on their website, I think they've got a fair selection of bits and pieces. At the worst, they'll tell you all they've got are new parts and you're no worse off than when you started.

outboundboi 09-26-2011 10:20 PM

Yeah, I've been at this for some time now, and have turned over a lot of rocks, and have found a few things for the engine. I plan on calling TAD again tomorrow to see if they do have any boneyard parts, but was hoping to find someone who knew someone who has an engine, even one from a sinker, that they are selling. Hopefully, this forum request will turn up a lead. Thanks for your advice, and if you hear of anything, send 'em my way!

shipbot 11-16-2011 10:48 PM

I have a perkins 4108 but I am in the UK so we would have to work out how to get to u etc-cheers gaz

jeanfrancoissavard 01-07-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outboundboi (Post 779919)
Yeah, I've been at this for some time now, and have turned over a lot of rocks, and have found a few things for the engine. I plan on calling TAD again tomorrow to see if they do have any boneyard parts, but was hoping to find someone who knew someone who has an engine, even one from a sinker, that they are selling. Hopefully, this forum request will turn up a lead. Thanks for your advice, and if you hear of anything, send 'em my way!

hey did u get anywhere with your part search? im just starting my own to rebuild my 4-107...

saltysnoopy 11-08-2012 06:31 PM

Re: Perkins 4-107 parts wanted

I know this is an old post ... are you still looking for 4-107 parts? I have a complete short block minus the cracked head. If I can get rid of enough parts I'll part it out. Otherwise I'd like to sell as one peice.
10 over crank and rod bearing.
Also have a 1:1 BorgWarner
Bellhousing and plate ... starter mounts Port side.