Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011

outboundboi is on a distinguished road
Perkins 4-107 parts wanted

Doe anyone have a 4-107 parts engine available, or know where I can find one? I know that there are a couple on flea bay, but owners are unable/unwilling to ship or part out. I need the front timing cover, oil sump, and other random parts. I can get new stuff from TAD, but of course am trying to save a few bucks. Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2011
Señor Member

PorFin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outboundboi View Post
Doe anyone have a 4-107 parts engine available, or know where I can find one? I know that there are a couple on flea bay, but owners are unable/unwilling to ship or part out. I need the front timing cover, oil sump, and other random parts. I can get new stuff from TAD, but of course am trying to save a few bucks. Thanks
My thinking is that finding an old 4.107 that's being parted out is possible, but it'll take a lot of digging on your part. Obviously, your post is a decent first step. It may take a while calling around to marine engine folks, but it could pay off.

Unless you've already done so, I'd still call Sheri at TAD and ask if they've got any of the parts you need in their boneyard. Although they don't list them on their website, I think they've got a fair selection of bits and pieces. At the worst, they'll tell you all they've got are new parts and you're no worse off than when you started.
Old 09-26-2011

outboundboi is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I've been at this for some time now, and have turned over a lot of rocks, and have found a few things for the engine. I plan on calling TAD again tomorrow to see if they do have any boneyard parts, but was hoping to find someone who knew someone who has an engine, even one from a sinker, that they are selling. Hopefully, this forum request will turn up a lead. Thanks for your advice, and if you hear of anything, send 'em my way!
Old 11-16-2011

shipbot is on a distinguished road
I have a perkins 4108 but I am in the UK so we would have to work out how to get to u etc-cheers gaz
Old 01-07-2012

jeanfrancoissavard is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outboundboi View Post
Yeah, I've been at this for some time now, and have turned over a lot of rocks, and have found a few things for the engine. I plan on calling TAD again tomorrow to see if they do have any boneyard parts, but was hoping to find someone who knew someone who has an engine, even one from a sinker, that they are selling. Hopefully, this forum request will turn up a lead. Thanks for your advice, and if you hear of anything, send 'em my way!
hey did u get anywhere with your part search? im just starting my own to rebuild my 4-107...
Old 11-08-2012

saltysnoopy is on a distinguished road
Re: Perkins 4-107 parts wanted

I know this is an old post ... are you still looking for 4-107 parts? I have a complete short block minus the cracked head. If I can get rid of enough parts I'll part it out. Otherwise I'd like to sell as one peice.
10 over crank and rod bearing.
Also have a 1:1 BorgWarner
Bellhousing and plate ... starter mounts Port side.