Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011

TJC1010101 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll tell you Yahoos a bit about CREW ATTITUDE...As a Grad student I studied Economics and Law in Paris..Philosophy at Exeter College Oxford..Working on Wall street fathomed myself quite the Yachtsman..Enjoyed a minor reputation as a top foredeck man. Fly to Mass. to race every weekend. Raced against the best..
So I got my seaman's papers, Z card, and left for an ordinary seaman's position down on Bayou Black, Morgan City La. for Tidewater...I was put on a 185 ft workboat...Our job was laying anchors..15,000 # anchors..we had 4 anchors aboard, crew of 6 and serviced the oil rig workers..Very dangerous job..several seaman got killed not on our vessel

After working one week..we got food supplies in..Billy Thomas our Coon Ass Captain with barely a high school education, fine looking guy, in his 30's could make the vessel talk he was so good. I told Billy I would put all the supplies in the galley pantry in alphabetical order..Billy said nothing. When I finished.. Billy looked at it and said Picante sauce begins with an A.. He loved his Picante sauce..He looked right through me..My future career depended on what I said to Billy..I said Captain does it go with the Capital A's or the small a's.. I can't read very well smiling..He doubled up laughing and said dum fuk..Heavy Hall the engineer said..the professor has all this education and he doesn't even know Picante sauce began with an A..I laughed and became part of the crew that day..We were the best in the Gulf..and everyone knew it..The moral ..When Billy said jump we said how high..no one got seriously injured or killed except Cowboy..got drunk and run over by a truck down at the 7's..I went to ordinary to AB to 1600 ton mate to 3rd mate unlimited to 2nd mate..without even going to school..just studing the academic BS on my own...100 or more vessels every size and description

That's the ATTITUDE I want on my boat..your choice take it or leave it..There are plenty of Hooples waiting around the dock at Las Brisas.

What do you think the kids learn in the Academies in 1st year..They learn how to take orders..buy taking a lot of BS..but I can't get through the thick skulls of most egotistical sailors..who are dangerous to themselves and others.... I had this New Zealand guy who thought himself sailmaster..he was pretty good till he screwed up, going against my orders putting up the main in heavy weather.. He apparantly thought he knew better..The Captain has one job make sure all oars are going in the same direction..If there is a problem for him..eliminate the problem.....do it your way but not on my boat..not if you want to sail to Tahiti and Australia 10,000 miles
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
You sound like a hard nose, but there's nothing wrong with that. Crew can be a nightmare, or a blessing. I have had both sides. I am in Las Brisas right now, because of nightmarish crew. BEST WISHES in finding a good crew..........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-11-2011

billyruffn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1010101 View Post
To answer your reply about the French Gal ......She started to yell...that she was in charge down below...
Dude, nothing wrong with that!
Old 10-30-2011

jarenolds is on a distinguished road
I'll tell you Yahoos a bit about CREW ATTITUDE...As a Grad student I studied Economics and Law in Paris..Philosophy at Exeter College Oxford..Working on Wall street fathomed myself quite the Yachtsman..Enjoyed a minor reputation as a top foredeck man. Fly to Mass. to race every weekend. Raced against the best..

I actually laughed out loud when I read that. You should definitely be a writer. Is this for real?

Last edited by jarenolds; 10-31-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2011

Ryan38 is on a distinguished road
I'm interested.

I'm currently living in Guatemala waiting for hurricane season to end.
Then I'll go to Panama and try and head west to Australia.
I have experience and love to serve. I have a great attitude and take orders well. I'll be 39 in December.
I would be honored to help you cross the Pacific and anywhere else you plan to go. I just love to sail and want to meet a good captain who can teach me more.
Here's my email.
rpvaip@yahoo.com
Old 11-08-2011

Hey DOOOD...there is only one captain aboard..typical of an inexperienced doood..you are thinking with your crotch doood..you have learned NOTHING from my commentary
Old 11-08-2011

That's your problem you laugh at EVERYTHING..learn NOTHING..accomplish LITTLE
Old 11-08-2011
Don Radcliffe

donradclife is on a distinguished road
Better put on yer hip boots if you want to deal with guy--the BS is getting pretty deep. I'll give odds that whatever crew signs up will be used to slave on the boat prep and then fired when it is launched.
Old 11-08-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1010101 View Post
Hey DOOOD...there is only one captain aboard..typical of an inexperienced doood..you are thinking with your crotch doood..you have learned NOTHING from my commentary
and you need to check your attitude.

BillyRuffin (circa 1,000 posts on SailNet, vast sailing experience, they've been and done it , worn out a multitude of t-shirts) versus you (bugger all posts, come across as an arrogant sphincter, expecting your potential crew to travel to Mexico, repaint your boat, kiss your arse and then get fired the day before you sail). No contest sunshine, no contest at all.

have a nice day.

ps - otoh, anyone who decides to take you up on your offer cannot say they havn't been warned. I grant you that.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 11-08-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-08-2011

the boat's in Panama you mother effen arsehole... Pacific side..you cannot even read..I never in my life have such disrespect for the low lifes on this site..ylou are not seaman ..you are not sailors you are lower than scum..you are absolutely nothing..

Thank God I have my crew. from another site...so I don't have to come back here and read this filth from this perverted peanut gallery..

This site is so f'd up by you mental masts..that they are displaying a Mexican Flag.. over my posts..been south of Mexico over 3 years..

Last edited by TJC1010101; 11-08-2011 at 06:44 PM.