Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8 - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 85 Old 12-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,077
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 11
 
mybe you changhai a wineo down on front st.try hemingways
sawingknots is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 85 Old 12-21-2011 Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by speciald View Post
I sailed (both raced and cruised) a C&C37+ for 10 years and did a few off-shore races. I would not consider that boat a serious off-shore boat. By sparten do you mean no radar, no lfe raft, no weather routing, no dodger? What is the skipper's experience on the boat on far off-shore sailing? You do know that you will probably experience strong fronts aabout every 3-5 days that time of year. At this moment here in Sint maarten we are experiencing the Christmas winds over 30kts with 15 ft seas. That C&C will pound hard enough to loosen your dental fillings.
I start liking it, first it the sewingknot, who most like got to the end of his booze and trolls before falling into deep sleep, second comes the no-power-EPRIB-heli-rescue-kid who likes sewing (and sewing likes him back), and then the expert.

Yes special delivery, I agree, she is not Tayana 37 or other full keels I sailed Atlantic and Baltic on, but she can manage without radar and without routing. There is Navtex and plotter and spare and another spare. There is no dodger but a small bimini. There is no locking cabin, if you have sailed for more than 10 years on the R, you should know that and that there is no leather either.

However, there is ability and there are skills here, and while she will not point 35 degrees in 35 knots, she will get me where I want.

Please - those WHO ARE WILLING TO CREW respond to this post.

I am willing to sail and not waste time responding to trolls or "seawolves".
blanc is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #13 of 85 Old 12-21-2011 Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
mybe you changhai a wineo down on front st.try hemingways
Give me you lat long, I will send a bottle of cheapest wine, 100% at my cost.
blanc is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #14 of 85 Old 12-21-2011
Somewhat Senior Member
 
mgmhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 619
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
I start liking it, first it the sewingknot, who most like got to the end of his booze and trolls before falling into deep sleep, second comes the no-power-EPRIB-heli-rescue-kid who likes sewing (and sewing likes him back), and then the expert.

Yes special delivery, I agree, she is not Tayana 37 or other full keels I sailed Atlantic and Baltic on, but she can manage without radar and without routing. There is Navtex and plotter and spare and another spare. There is no dodger but a small bimini. There is no locking cabin, if you have sailed for more than 10 years on the R, you should know that and that there is no leather either.

However, there is ability and there are skills here, and while she will not point 35 degrees in 35 knots, she will get me where I want.

Please - those WHO ARE WILLING TO CREW respond to this post.

I am willing to sail and not waste time responding to trolls or "seawolves".
With the courtesy, consideration and charm you have exhibited in your posts I am shocked there are not scores of seasoned sailors lined up to join you on this trip. Hopefully you'll keep us posted on your progress...just for the entertainment value.
sawingknots and chef2sail like this.

s/v Rhythm
Catalina 387 #29
Rock Hall, MD
mgmhead is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #15 of 85 Old 12-21-2011 Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmhead View Post
With the courtesy, consideration and charm you have exhibited in your posts I am shocked there are not scores of seasoned sailors lined up to join you on this trip. Hopefully you'll keep us posted on your progress...just for the entertainment value.
If you are one, seawingknot is other, EPIRB-rescue-kid next - oh my.

I would be more than entertained, as I am now.

As soon as you "seasoned" sailors saw my post - YOU FAILED TO READ IT and ADDRESS IT, instead you chose to somehow discredit it and attack it.

You are for sure GOOD sailors and GOOD people.
blanc is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #16 of 85 Old 12-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,077
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 11
 
why do you need a crew,can't you drown by yourself
sawingknots is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #17 of 85 Old 12-21-2011
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,136
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 7
 
This seems to have gone south, and not in the good way. I'm not available for crew, but I wish you well. It does help if you list your experience and the boat's equipment. I found good crew on this site, but I had three months lead time to interview them. There are other sailing and cruising forums too, one on yahoo, and cruisers. net (I think). This is a good forum, though sometimes contrary. Good luck. -John
blanc likes this.
WanderingStar is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #18 of 85 Old 12-22-2011 Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
why do you need a crew,can't you drown by yourself
sawingknots: I would tell you to duck the duck off, but you seem to be ducked off so deeply, that it will not change your position for one single inch.

You are who you are, and it shows.
blanc is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #19 of 85 Old 12-22-2011 Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingStar View Post
This seems to have gone south, and not in the good way. I'm not available for crew, but I wish you well. It does help if you list your experience and the boat's equipment. I found good crew on this site, but I had three months lead time to interview them. There are other sailing and cruising forums too, one on yahoo, and cruisers. net (I think). This is a good forum, though sometimes contrary. Good luck. -John
Thank you for your post WanderingStar, so far this is the only one here that gets to the point and makes sense.

I am surprised that this forum allows someone like that cohort of those two "able seamen", of which one seems to be permanently drunk, and other permanently scared (he wants to set off EPIRB when power is gone and he removed his post with my name, profession and the name of my boat he found on internet) to post.

I will gladly share equipment with those who are interested in this passage. As I stated, she is not a heavy cruiser with full enclosed cockpit and two autopilots. But, I am not offering this trip to and asking for participation of those who expect more than plain sailing.

Thanks for your post.

Last edited by blanc; 12-22-2011 at 01:04 AM.
blanc is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #20 of 85 Old 12-22-2011
Senior Smart Aleck
 
jameswilson29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 2,152
Thanks: 34
Thanked 70 Times in 65 Posts
Rep Power: 7
 
Is the crew permitted to exercise their 2nd A. rights by carrying a concealed handgun onboard, purely for self-defense purposes, if they are properly licensed?

Would using a sea buoy for target practice with said handgun be grounds for explusion?

What is your policy on an attempted mutiny? Could the mutineers continue to serve as crew if the mutiny proves to be unsuccessful?

Will you accept a crew member with a prescription for medical marijuana? Once the boat is in international water, would you be opposed to the crew sharing prescription medicines while seated on the windward rail?

Will the crew's bags be searched before boarding?

Last edited by jameswilson29; 12-22-2011 at 07:43 AM.
jameswilson29 is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Reply

Tags
bvi , crew , culebra , passage , tortola

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.


User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Croix to Tortola, NOW? tamarinera Crew Wanted/Available 0 11-23-2011 10:39 PM
moving to BVI Tortola, Got a job.. john232 General Discussion (sailing related) 10 10-09-2011 10:01 AM
Smile and Wave Wins Vuelta Culebra - All At Sea NewsReader News Feeds 0 09-28-2011 07:20 AM
Day Rentals in Tortola? tjr3c Chartering 3 02-02-2004 08:07 AM
Mooring in Tortola and BVI ''S dmccar7226 Cruising & Liveaboard Forum 4 08-15-2001 12:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome