Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8 - Page 3 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011

Slayer is on a distinguished road
I really don't know any of the people posting here. But just reviewing the jist and tenor of these posts you guys didn't hesitate to jumped all over blanc, and I'm not sure why. I've hitched a couple of rides as a result of posts on this forum and am thankful for it. Maybe you have issues with his post, but attacking him serves no purpose and may perhaps discourage others from looking for crew here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-22-2011
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Point well taken, however...

blanc is a NY lawyer and a 1st A. scholar - he is a big boy and can take care of himself. I am certain he supports freedom of expression on an internet forum.

He has not hesitated to dish it out as well as he has taken it (although he could have answered some of the early posts with a sense of humor instead of personal attacks).

We are all just having a bit of fun at each other's expense. It is hard to take it seriously on a forum - it could not possibly be personal.

There are plenty of polite discussions about crew wanted, when the parties are so inclined. In this case, everyone decided to attack - that's freedom of expression at work, no matter how messy it appears.

Plus, potential crew have been given the opportunity to know blanc's personality better; I think that is an important part of being on a vessel with someone on an offshore voyage, especially the captain's. The crew's lives may be depending on his judgment and decision-making ability.
sawingknots likes this.
Old 12-22-2011

blanc is on a distinguished road
I certainly can take care of my boat and I do support freedom of expression, but didn't you and the drunk depart from the purpose of this forum ?

Why would you consider yourself a party james ? Do you have some "offshore experience", can you "keep watch and helm" etc. ? Finally, do you have enough time in your life to get out offshore ? Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think you are any party here, neither is the drunk.

While you may have too much time at your office, time for taking part in this forum for example, I would rather respond to emails from interested "parties" than deal with your already boring posts ("scholar" being on the top of the list)
Old 12-22-2011
Senior Smart Aleck

My post was intended to be a joke, based on several threads here where crew members set off the EPIRB, supposedly against the captain's wishes. You could have shown your sense of humor by treating it as a joke, along with sawingknot's joke about the uniforms.

You are malicious in calling sawingknots a drunk when you really do not know anything about him. You are also malicious by questioning someone else's literacy. You are also malicious and a homophobe by implying that I lack masculinity by claiming that I sew.

I do not take any of this thread seriously, but you have demonstrated your personality and your psychological makeup by your responses.

Obviously, you have had many advantages in life, and you are neither humble nor grateful for those advantages. You also appear to be wasting your life enjoying yourself, without much concern for others.

Finally, you are hardly one to question my use of my free time, or breaks I take from my practice. It appears you have plenty of time to sail to P.R? Are you gainfully employed, sir, or living off family money from Poland?
chef2sail likes this.

Last edited by jameswilson29; 12-22-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
My post was intended to be a joke, based on several threads here where crew members set off the EPIRB, supposedly against the captain's wishes. You could have shown your sense of humor by treating it as a joke, along with sawingknot's joke about the uniforms.

You are malicious in calling sawingknots a drunk when you really do not know anything about him. You are also malicious by questioning someone else's literacy. You are also malicious and a homophobe by implying that I lack masculinity by claiming that I sew.

I do not take any of this thread seriously, but you have demonstrated your personality and your psychological makeup by your responses.

Obviously, you have had many advantages in life, and you are neither humble nor grateful for those advantages. You also appear to be wasting your life enjoying yourself, without much concern for others.

Finally, you are hardly one to question my use of my free time, or breaks I take from my practice. It appears you have plenty of time to sail to P.R? Are you gainfully employed, sir, or living off family money from Poland?
As a lawyer, even provincial, you should be able to read much better than your buddy called the drunk, with malice of course. Obviously, you should also understand text being read. I believe you do not.

This list and post is for crew and sailors and not frustrated people like you or the drunk willing to "joke" or bash others.

As I read your post, I understand that you write about yourself and perhaps you live off Vietcong or Khmers' monies ?
Old 12-22-2011
Senior Smart Aleck

Good luck on your voyage!

I am guessing you are going to be sailing singlehanded.
mgmhead likes this.
Old 12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
I really don't know any of the people posting here. But just reviewing the jist and tenor of these posts you guys didn't hesitate to jumped all over blanc, and I'm not sure why. I've hitched a couple of rides as a result of posts on this forum and am thankful for it. Maybe you have issues with his post, but attacking him serves no purpose and may perhaps discourage others from looking for crew here.

Slayer, they have issues with themselves. Apparently they know a lot about sailing, more than me or anyone else. Not only that, they are psychologists. They are simply superior, especially as a duo.

One thing they do not have and do not do: respond to the need stated in post, or stay quiet knowing that they cannot.

Simply because they want to show off they waste time, effort and opportunity for others.

It is sad.
Old 12-22-2011

sawingknots is on a distinguished road
this post raised flags big time,no doubt some young reckless adventure seeking fellow will be sucked in by this golden opportunity,scrape or borrow enough money to go to n.c. buy provisions and probably end up stranded far from home,a legitimate crew seeker that wanted a experinced [deckhand]would certainly offer some assurence of his competency as skipper and also insure the safe return,not to mention atleast furnishing basic provisions,you call me a drunk?that in itsself gives me a good insight regarding your judgement and charactor,i hope i've atleast given pause to anyone remotely considering this offer,your just p.o.ed that someone saw thru your golden opportunity
Old 12-22-2011

Quote:

I am sure that at the same time you will be in comfort of your faux-leather chair enjoying "superior nature" of your "seamanship" and "sailing skill".
Old 12-22-2011

sawingknots is on a distinguished road
Quote:

nah,i doubt he has the skill,knowlege or fortitude to leave his marina alone

Tags
bvi , crew , culebra , passage , tortola

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.