SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/81969-beaufort-nc-tortola-bvi-via-culebra-google-page-ranking-january-6-7-8-a.html)

blanc 12-21-2011 02:21 PM

Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI via Culebra, PR - January 6/7/8

4 Attachment(s)
Crew wanted to join for January 6 (weather permitting) departure from Beaufort, NC to Tortola, BVI and Culebra, PR on C&C 37R.

Can stay on boat until January 25, will sail back to Culebra around 24th.

Must be able to keep watch and helm. Cooking a plus. Share food and drink cost.

Fast, but spartan boat. Sat phone on deck. Please have some experience in ocean sailing.

Email at bartoszbilinski/at/gmail/dot/com

Thanks.

sawingknots 12-21-2011 03:10 PM

how about incidentals like travel to beaufort,fuel fees,entry fees and return ticket to beaufort?oh and do you require uniforms

jameswilson29 12-21-2011 03:52 PM

If the weather gets rough and you lose electrical power, is the crew permitted to activate the EPIRB for a coast guard "rescue", even if this means smashing your beautiful yacht into the side of a freighter in the process?

blanc 12-21-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawingknots (Post 809262)
how about incidentals like travel to beaufort,fuel fees,entry fees and return ticket to beaufort?oh and do you require uniforms

Oh yeah sawingknots, I got about 1750 wipes and, who knows, probably dozen diapers left over from crew requiring and requesting incidentials.

No, uniforms disgust my liberal sight.

:)

blanc 12-21-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameswilson29 (Post 809276)
If the weather gets rough and you lose electrical power, is the crew permitted to activate the EPIRB for a coast guard "rescue", even if this means smashing your beautiful yacht into the side of a freighter in the process?

James, please choose some other hobby.

brokesailor 12-21-2011 04:46 PM

Blanc: you are going to get wet! Good news is you you will be in the gulf stream as soon as you leave Beaufort so it will be warm.

You can check sailopodotcom for crew if SN doesnt work out. Free service.

sawingknots 12-21-2011 05:37 PM

what do you mean ablebodied experinced seamen aren't clawing to get onboard?you get what you bargan for,i for one am not overly axious to entrust my hide to ship aboard with a skipper of dubius skill or common sence with or without cost sharing

blanc 12-21-2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawingknots (Post 809333)
what do you mean ablebodied experinced seamen aren't clawing to get onboard?you get what you bargan for,i for one am not overly axious to entrust my hide to ship aboard with a skipper of dubius skill or common sence with or without cost sharing

While you apparently lack ability to read, I certainly appreciate your comments.
Since we already know that you are not fit on this deck, keep spending your time by computer screen and polish your superb seamanship skills by trolling on forums.

Merry Christmas sawingknots.

speciald 12-21-2011 06:22 PM

I sailed (both raced and cruised) a C&C37+ for 10 years and did a few off-shore races. I would not consider that boat a serious off-shore boat. By sparten do you mean no radar, no lfe raft, no weather routing, no dodger? What is the skipper's experience on the boat on far off-shore sailing? You do know that you will probably experience strong fronts aabout every 3-5 days that time of year. At this moment here in Sint maarten we are experiencing the Christmas winds over 30kts with 15 ft seas. That C&C will pound hard enough to loosen your dental fillings.

sawingknots 12-21-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanc (Post 809344)
While you apparently lack ability to read, I certainly appreciate your comments.
Since we already know that you are not fit on this deck

you got that right!!!