SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/82894-crew-wanted-la-paz-mex-seattle-april-2012-a.html)

SalishCraig 01-19-2012 03:53 PM

Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012

1 Attachment(s)
Experienced owner/skipper seeking crew to help sail boat back to Seattle.

Crew may join us for all or part of the voyage.

Departing La Paz, Mexico on/or about April 1st. Planning to be back in Seattle by beginning of June.

Cruise Plan (approximate - not a schedule just a guideline)

La Paz to Cabo San Lucas (April 1-10)
Cabo to San Diego (April 10 - 24)
San Diego to San Francisco (April 24 - May 15)
San Francisco to Seattle May 15 - June 1)

Need 1 crewman to complete crew of 3.

Desired Crew Qualifications:
Experienced offshore sailor
Excellent physical condition...No physical limitations
Not prone to seasickness
Willing to help with all boat chores and stand watch
No drugs
Social drinker only whne boat is safely anchored or moored
Non-smoker

Crewman responsible for transportation to and from port, personal expenses and any special food.
Skipper will pay all boat expenses (fuel, moorage, basic crew food).

If you're interested but can only sail a portion of the voyage, contact me. I'm willing to have crew members sail part of the voyage.

SalishCraig 01-22-2012 08:04 PM

Cruise La Paz to Seattle in spring ...follow the gray whale migration

This voyage is an excellent opportunity to follow the grey whale migration up the coast.

And we will be stopping frequently along the way for fuel and provisions, or just to rest up for a day or two.

Planned stops in Mexico at:
Bahia Los Muertos, Bahia Friles, Isla Partida, Cabo San Lucas, Bahia Magdelana, and Turtle Bay

Stops in California at: San Diego, Channel Islands, Moro Bay and San Francisco.

Stops in Oregon: Coos Bay possibly others.

Stops in Washington: Grays Harbor, Neah Bay, Port Townsend, Seattle.

LyraL 02-05-2012 03:49 PM

Hi Craig! I am very interested in hearing more about you and your travel plans, as your itinerary looks like a perfect match for my timeline and I feel I fit your intended profile. PM me for me contact info, and we can chat! Cheers,
Lyra

S/V Eraser 02-08-2012 04:34 PM

Hola, Your trip fits my calander. I am currently in San Diego. I have over 25+ years of experience in off shore racing, cruising and most recently transporting from Fl to Ma. ICW and open ocean.

SalishCraig 02-09-2012 02:52 PM

Crew Wanted - La Paz, Mex. to Seattle April 2012

s/v Eraser

Look at your message folder, I replied yesterday.

Craig

SalishCraig 02-09-2012 02:54 PM

Crew Wanted - San Diego to Seattle May 2012

One crew position is still available for the leg from San Diego, Ca to Seattle, Wa. This leg of the voyage is expected to begin May 1-5, departing from San Diego's Shelter Island.

We will be making frequent stops as we sail north along the California coast. Stops will probably be made at Oceanside, Ventura, Morro Bay, Monterey Bay, San Diego, and possibly Crescent City.

In Oregon and Washington we will stop less frequently. Stops might be made at Coos Bay or Newport, Grays Harbor, Neah Bay and Shilshole Bay (Seattle).

The trip from San Diego to Seattle will take about 3-weeks.

If interested tell me about yourself and your sailing experience.

Thanks!

S/V Eraser 02-09-2012 03:24 PM

what is your email?

mikeforholt 02-12-2012 03:52 PM

Mike

I would love to help out on your crew, I have been sailing about 2 years, not a ton of experience but I would love the chance to learn.

SalishCraig 02-12-2012 06:13 PM

Crew Wanted San Diego to Seattle, May 1 2011

Mike;

I will send you a private message with my email address so you can tell me about yourself and your sailing experience off-line.

Thanks for inquiring about this crew position.
Craig

robmo 02-13-2012 06:33 PM

Hi Graig,

I might be available on the SF to Seattle run. I have more than 30 yrs experience racing and cruising in NE waters, offshore experience in the Caribbean and North Atlantic. I also hold OS seaman's papers and have served on commercial vessels including winter salvage work on a tug. Let me know if there's any interest.

Cheers,

Scott