Personal Captain Available - 50,000 miles and 36 years experience! - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012
Great Captain!

jim0123r is on a distinguished road
Arrow Great Captain Available - 50,000 miles and 36 years experience!

Hi -

I am a topnotch yacht captain, having sailed charter and private yachts for nearly 50,000 miles over 36 years, cruising the entire Eastern Caribbean, the Bahamas, most of the U.S. east coast, and half of the Pacific…always as the captain.

My skills in navigation, my talents for finding and networking servicepersons, my knack for finding fun things to do and places to see ashore, and my personable and positive attitude have always helped me when entering new cruising grounds. These qualities allow me to provide great experiences for owners and their guests, charter clients, or passage crew.

While cruising, my priorities are:
• Meticulous yacht maintenance - a regular ongoing program and log
• The utmost in safety and boat handling - at sea, at anchor, at the dock
• Courteous customer service to owners and guests alike - I anticipate owners' or guests' needs as much as I can, and meet them congenially.

On a passage, my priorities are:
• Safety, including the comfort of the crew so as to minimize fatigue. I am an expert at reading weather patterns and select the departure window and course so as to best avoid or take advantage of the frontal systems.
• Maintenance - I dive in and troubleshoot/fix whatever problems occur along the way...and work around those that cannot be fixed at sea so as to keep our progress and course amid the weather systems around us.
• Teamwork - the crew on board will only pass this way once together so the trip should be pleasant and memorable for all. My calm manner and positive attitude set the tone for each of my deliveries, and nearly all of my crew have expressed a desire to come sailing with me again.

My overall philosophy is that I am aboard solely to make the owner's dream happen. (Honestly!) With that mantra foremost in my thoughts, I then keep his or her yacht in impeccable condition and full working order, as well as manage the work schedules, contractors and accounting. The yacht will be where it's wanted, when it's wanted, and in fabulous shape.

Upon request, I can forward copies of my CV and glowing Letters of Recommendation from my four most recent employers.

All the best -
Jim

Last edited by jim0123r; 02-02-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2012
Great Captain!

jim0123r is on a distinguished road
Re: Personal Captain Available - 50,000 miles and 36 years experience!

Hi -

I'm back from a few deliveries and am available for more sailing! Full time, part time, deliveries, boat caretaking.

All the best -
Jim
Old 03-09-2012

rustyrusty is on a distinguished road
Re: Personal Captain Available - 50,000 miles and 36 years experience!

Jim I hope you can help me I intend to buy a Leopard 38 in Turkey and want to get it back to East coast Australia eventually it needs new motors and im sure a few other things which might be ready in a couple of months It wouldnt be exactly a delivery and I would like to spend some time on some legs is that the sort of things you do I am not a experianced sailer but have a bit of coastal time here in Australia.
I think the idea is not to be in the North Atlantic or Carabean in July October and that would make a Panamar and Pacific crossing Getting to East coast Australia before Feb March our Cyclone time is that sound like a delivery or do I take more time what would i expect to budget for such a trip asuming it would need 3 at least on board. Hope you can help I know there aare delivery people but I gess I hope I can get some time on the trip and maybe make it more interesting for the others as well I wouldnt like to spoil a greet oppertunity by rushing the trip. Thanks Russell PS I am a fit 61 if that makes any diference.

Tags
captain , delivery captain , instructor , offshore , skipper