SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Crew Wanted San Francisco to Hawaii, early May (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/86224-crew-wanted-san-francisco-hawaii-early-may.html)

Skip Kleger 04-15-2012 12:06 AM

Crew Wanted San Francisco to Hawaii, early May

Leaving SF early May 2012 to Kona, then North to Maui, Molokai, Oahu, Kauai, and returning in August. Looking for 1 or 2 experienced offshore crew for 48' ketch, expenses shared.

brianlove 04-15-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Crew Wanted San Francisco to Hawaii, early May

I'm interested in helping if you're still looking for crew - I'm an athletic 26 year old male with offshore experience, reachable via brianlove237 at yahoo dot com. References, photos, and resume available upon request.

Best wishes,
Brian

Skip Kleger 04-17-2012 12:42 AM

Brian

Please contact me at 415.515.7179 PST to discuss this possible crew position.

Thanks for responding.

Skip Kleger

tuckzimm 04-17-2012 07:12 PM

Hello, my name is Tucker. I am a 20 year old student from Colorado, USA. I am looking for an opportunity to gain some ocean sailing experience. I have been learning on small boats (420's and FJ's) over the past year and am in the University of Colorado sailing club. I am a hard worker, a fast learner, and have a fun- loving, adventurous attitude. I do not however, have any blue water experience. I am available 15th of May-Mid August. If it sounds like I am a candidate of any interest to you please send me more information. Otherwise I would appreciate any tips that could point me in the direction of an opportunity to sail this summer?
Thank you,
Tucker
Tuckzimm at gmail.com

peterconway 04-18-2012 12:16 PM

Skip,
54 year young east coast sailor, I would be interested. I would be willing to help for half travel expenses to the west coast. I would like to know more about the condition of the boat. I have sailed the Atlantic and gulf waters in 34 to 38 foot sloops.

rockDAWG 04-18-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterconway (Post 860100)
Skip,
54 year young east coast sailor, I would be interested. I would be willing to help for half travel expenses to the west coast. I would like to know more about the condition of the boat. I have sailed the Atlantic and gulf waters in 34 to 38 foot sloops.

If I read it correctly, the captain wants his crews to share his expenses. It is unlikely he meant to share their expense on air fare.

I could be wrong. ;)

peterconway 04-19-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockDAWG (Post 860169)
If I read it correctly, the captain wants his crews to share his expenses. It is unlikely he meant to share their expense on air fare.

I could be wrong. ;)

What kind of busy body are you that you feel the need to enter into this conversation? Most people who have enough sense to be here, can also interpret the original post. Since you can't help but butt in, let me ask you to butt out.

Izzy1414 04-19-2012 01:15 AM

Who knew that sailing forum posts could be so useful in the initial screening process ....

Capt Len 04-19-2012 01:41 AM

OW, just shot myself in the hoof.

Silvio 04-19-2012 06:58 PM

Ya know, there is just no privacy left on this forum.