SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Bahamas - 2yr Position Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/8629-bahamas-2yr-position-available.html)

andros 12-06-2003 10:56 AM

Bahamas - 2yr Position Available

International Field Studies is a non-profit organization devoted to field-experience education in the areas of botany, ecology, eco-tourism, sailing etc. We are currently looking for a mate on one of our sail boats, "Running Free", a 47'' sloop. After one year as mate, IFS will send you to captain''s school for your license, at which point you will be promoted and serve as captain for one year. Room, board, monthly stipend provided. This is not a charter organization. Sailing experience required.
If interested (Serious Inquiries Only)e-mail me ASAP. -Ryan

rwcat 12-07-2003 07:48 AM

I''m interested in a long term position to break up several years of jumping boat to boat on deliveries. Please send details...already have the experience you need. Resume on line at http://www.geocities.com/rwcat/resume.html

Hope to hear from you.

justreach 12-11-2003 07:59 AM

I am a self employed 33 year old college grad from New Jersey with a fair amount of sailing experience. I spent many a summer weekend of my youth on a 27'' Bristol. In ''97 I spent 3 months crewing on a 36'' Hans Christian which included a crossing from Bermuda to the Lesser Antilles, during which we experienced 40 knot winds and 20'' seas. We lost steering and were forced to employ a sea anchor during the storm. Needless to say it got hairy. When the voyage was over I realized that despite the various adversity offered by the sea, my passion for sailing had increased rather than decrease. I have been able to scratch this itch since with the occasional bareboat charter in the BVI and Maine but it''s really not enough. I have a lot to learn and the excellent opportunity you present is more than enough to force me to pick up roots. I look forward to your response.
Sincerely
Justin D''Annunzio

sailmeoverthere 12-13-2003 05:52 PM

Hello
Would like to discuss opportunity to mate and further enhance my experience. I am mechanical engineer, BSME, medical device development, private pilot, machinist and seeking crew postion. Looking to fulfill long term contract on the water. Send inquiry to above email,(ridemroyal@hotmail.com), at earliest time.
Thanks,
aj

dirtchickn 12-19-2003 03:21 AM

I am a 30 y/o Construction project manager, fomerly trained as an Army Medic (EMT) and Ocupational Therapy assistant. Bachelor''s Degree in History/Business/Education. Some offshore and large amount of coastal Carolina experience. Repond via email at richardtrumper@earthlink.net

DreamKatcher 01-01-2004 03:02 AM

I know it may be late but please keep my name in the hat if another postition opens up. I grew up in Nothern Wisconsin so all my experience is on Lake Superior. I worked at Barkers Island Marina for two years the final year of which I was Charter Master. The position required that I be charter certified up to 30'', I recieved the certification through Sailboats Inc. I also raced with the Duluth Yacht Club while attending the University of Minnesota Duluth. I graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Biology with an emphasis in aquatic ecology and I plan on continuing my education and receiving a PhD. And I LOVE sailing so please email me back anytime a position opens up. I would like information on your operation regardless.
Thank You for you consideration.

Benjamin J. Bungartz

hogsbreath 01-13-2004 12:59 PM

Andros:
Are you still looking for a mate or captain?

I''m a USCG licensed sail endorsed near costal Master with ASA & US sailing certfication in cruising and coastal navigation. I am interested in a mate, captain or even a reflief captain position. I have experience sailing the Florida Keys, Bahamas and the Caribbean on Ecotours, snorkeling, scuba, and sailing.

Please contact me at navsails@aol.com
Steve

bonita 01-15-2004 04:26 PM

Hello!

Position still available?
Am interested. Boat owner 20+ years. Power Squadron:
through Advanced Piloting/.
Please advise. Will send more info to direct email.

CHEERS~

wiggly 01-16-2004 02:21 PM

Im a 26 Scottish/ Australian woman, interested in the position. I''ve han a year and a halfs experience working on a chinese junk in south east asia, this was also a non-profit organisation, mapping out the worlds coral reefs. Ive also had six months experience on a ketch from singapore to madagasgar, and one year small boat handling for greenpeace. I am very interested in eco tourism, botany, ecology, sailing, scuba diving, and am very keen for the position. Im presently in california, but heading to Europe next week.

sailgalval 01-30-2004 01:17 PM

I am a 50yr old female in excellent shape with a lot of sailing experience in the eastern carribbean. I''ve had a 23'' sailboat of my own for some years and have crewed on several deliveries. I have good references and the time and inclination to provide you with the services you need. This email is probably somewhat late, but i would appreciate a responce. Sincerely, Valarie Perez