Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012

FlyingFeather is on a distinguished road
Crew From Brooklyn, NY to Ponce Inlet, FL - May 13 2012

Experienced middle age couple needs crew for 40ft Leopard catamaran from Brooklyn, NY to Ponce Inlet, Florida. 2007 boat, excellent condition. Crew must have blue water sailing experience. Departing NY on or about May 13, 2012. Boat to be surveyed May 10 and convey May 11. It is an immaculately maintained catamaran. We are thinking that we work on some drills in the harbor, get used to the boat and each other before setting sail.

We can afford all expenses and a stipend for experienced crew with references.

Last edited by FlyingFeather; 04-29-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Additional Information and Dates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-26-2012

Copter808 is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew From New York to Florida

I might be interested, depending on dates. I have NO bluewater experience and limited big-boat experience however. I have grown up around the water and feel comfortable in most conditions. I'm a 65 yoa male. If you're intrested we can arrange further conversation, either by e-mail, phone, or in person.
Old 04-26-2012

CharlesCook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFeather View Post
Experienced middle age couple needs crew for 40ft Leopard catamaran from Brookly, NY to Ponce Inlet, Florida. 2007 boat, excellent condition. Crew must have blue water sailing experience.
Hi,

I have a USCG Master 100 ton Near Coastal license with sail and towing endorsements. I also have my STCW 95 BST, Basic and Advanced Marine Fire Fighting and Radar Observer Unlimited certificates. I am a United States citizen and have a USA passport. I have more then 900 days sea time and over 35,000 ocean miles.

You can see my resume here:

I would need all of my out of pocket travel expense covered and some kind of a stipend.

I can provide you with references if you feel there is a match between your needs and my experience.

Best Regards
Charlie Cook
Old 04-26-2012

Charles,

Thank you for responding. I left you a voice mail after looking over your resume. We have a window of time for departure between May 18 and May 31. Some of the time needs to be doing some drills and sea trails with the boat (new to me). Some of the schedule slop has to do with weather windows.

The itinerary isn't finalized yet but we are going to stop in the Chesapeake to see some family and friends, then back out to blue water. Probably a stop in Charleston, SC too.

I have a friend who is a meteorological professor guru for Embry Riddle and NASA. Chris will be advising us, day to day. I guess if his predictions are good enough for multi-million dollar satellites, they are good enough for us.

My cell is 386-295-6264.

Ed Koplin
Old 04-26-2012

decatur1945 is on a distinguished road

I have some bluewater experience and have been sailing for over 40 years. I'd be interested as well.
Old 04-28-2012

CharlesCook is on a distinguished road

Hi Ed,

I left you 2 voicemails on your cell phone. Shoot me an email or you can call me in my office again.

Charlie
Old 04-29-2012

Charlie, I've tried your office but get a really strange message and can't leave anything. I've also tried your cell (612 number). We are just missing each other. Let's try again.

386-295-6264 Ed
Old 05-06-2012

breezeo is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
I am interested in making the trip. I am female, small and strong, I can cook under most circumstances, I can do watch solo, and I have blue water experience. I play well with others, no drugs or alcohol. Recently, I helped deliver a 32 Pearson from Annapolis Md to Tortola. I would need travel expenses and a small stipend.
Talk soon 239-537-9375 or seaandfree@live.com
Breeze
Old 05-12-2012

OceanLover is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am very interested in joining you for your voyage down the eastern coast. I am a 25 year old male in excellent health with offshore powerboat experience and some lake sailing experience. I graduated last weekend with a degree in Marine Biology and would love to experience in real time what I have been studying for the past years; as well as get some hands on offshore sailing experience before I go off and buy a sailboat of my own. I am able to pay for travel to Brooklyn and if you planned on stopping in Charleston, SC I would get off there as I live a little over an hour away from there. The only "compensation" I guess would be food while on board and if you deem me worthy of a stipend then I would not pass it up, but I am mainly looking for experience. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Jason Yunginger
jason.yunginger@gmail.com
Old 05-24-2012

mkconway is on a distinguished road

Hello-

Are you still looking for crew? My husband and I are interested in this trip. We have worked together on boats in the Caribbean and New England and have sailed a few deliveries. Justin is a chef and an engineer. I generally work as stewardess or deckhand. We both have extensive blue water cruising and would be happy to help out on this trip. Please contact me by email at mkconway@mtholyoke.edu and I'd be happy to pass along our CVs with references.

Thanks a lot,

Margaret

Tags
blue water , crew , sailing

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.