SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing Savy Lady Wanted

6K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  islandgypsy 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Well, this is a good start.

Here are some other sites you may want to consider using. (Great ad by the way)

Plenty of Fish

Desparate Sailors

OKCupid

Find a Crew

First three are totally free, the last one sort of.

BTW, I don't know if the work for female partners, but they are great dating sites... even had a couple longer term (as in 2-3 years) relationships out of them.

#4 ·
You might try Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates group. Also known as SSSSM.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/groups/25-single+sailors+seeking+soul+mates.html

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f80/ssssm-part-deux-62608.html

Or on Facebook

https://m.facebook.com/groups/259429507425467

Just drop by and introduce yourself! I wish you all the best in your search.

Judy

#19 ·
#5 ·
Hi Judy!

It is nice to hear from you...:)

I will be delivering a 37' Trawler from the Abacos, crossing to Rivera Bch then up to CT (your neck of the woods / waters;)in the first week of June. About 2 weeks.

Thanks for your encouragement and info.

Look forward to chatting again soon.

enjoy
David

#6 ·
In truth David I don't think a series of websites for crew or other is going to help you find what you are looking for. It would be nice to think so, however. Nice and easy. You need Kismet on your side...you are looking for something deep and meaningful....forget the internet for such an experience. Just live your life and you will find what you seek. xx

#7 ·
Hi there,

Yes, I am looking for something serious...some chemistry that we can build on...grow together. That cosmic connection.

I do believe in just putting out our intention to the universe and we draw to us, and are drawn to what we are seeking.

Just joined yesterday, and am allowing a little time to see if anyone who has similar interests, and we have some special connection, and likes the idea of going round this planet together, is listening on this forum.

thank you for your kind sharing...

namaste
David

#10 ·
We certainly wish you the best. Everyone deserves a soul mate to share life. Happiness is knowing how to compromise and knowing to say no without saying it.

I love sailing, If I must I will quit sailing for true love and lust. :D. I didn't want it this way, it is my DNA, I was be programmed in my head. Simply put it, it is the natural way to protect the survival of the species. I neither can get credit or blame for it.

Be happy. It is a wonderful life. :)

#20 ·
Though the Internet is often used and abused, the universe uses all available methods to bring like minded people together.

I am a single, very like minded lover of sailing. Unfortunately, though I used to live in Miami, life has taken me on my own road and i am already on an adventure. So I am currently in Cyprus for three months, doing 2 hours of yoga and meditation daily, learning to care for myself and my spirit for the first time in my life (always having put others before me). I have recently become a pescatarian as well.

I leave here in mid-Sep to join my friend in India to study yoga, Ayurveda and Thai yoga massage. I will be with her for a month but may stay on for longer, or leave to follow my dharma. I am open to going where the universe directs me, 100%.

I used to own my own 44' Choey Lee, which I sailed from CT to the Bahamas in 2010. Found navigating by the constellations and the entire experience to be the most spiritual experience of a previously unconscious life. I long to sail the seas again, and would love nothing more than to live aboard and circumnavigate as you so eloquently described.

Though an ocean apart, I wanted to let you know that there are like minded women out there, and even on this site. Though many have been burned from lost souls perpetrating lies, do not give up hope. Just be clear @ your intentions, and surrender them. But you already knew that, didn't you! Lol

Best of luck in your search. Perhaps one day our paths will cross, if it is meant to be!

Namaste!
Alexandra

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.