SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Ready and Able Crew Member - San Francisco and Beyond (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/87616-ready-able-crew-member-san-francisco-beyond.html)

brettr 05-20-2012 07:37 PM

Ready and Able Crew Member - San Francisco and Beyond

Hello,

I am a 30/yr male living in San Francisco. I love the outdoors and the water. I work in the tech industry as a designer and need a break from corporate American.

I would love to help crew a voyage. I am a newbie to sailing but have taken several sailing courses on the San Francisco Bay. I am a very fast learner.

I am hard working and can do intense manual labor. I am also very intelligent, well read, cordial, and fun.

If anyone is looking for an able crew member please let me know. I am willing to split expenses and I could fly to wherever you are located.

Cheers

SloopNanoose 06-03-2012 10:35 AM

Re: Ready and Able Crew Member - San Francisco and Beyond

What time frame are you looking to do your cruising in? I am working on a plan to sail out of Bremerton, WA for Charleston, SC sometime this fall.

Copter808 06-06-2012 05:32 PM

SloopNanoose, I would be interested in all or part of your trip. I plan to be in your area sometime in August--but can do it much sooner--if you would like to meet and talk about the trip.

No bluewater experience and limited keelboat experience, but I'm pretty comfortable around sailboats and have considerable small-boat experience.

I'm a former airline guy and recently retired so I'm available for short notice trips as well.

You can reach me at Copter808atyahoodotcom.

Gary

jameswesray 10-12-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopNanoose (Post 879742)
What time frame are you looking to do your cruising in? I am working on a plan to sail out of Bremerton, WA for Charleston, SC sometime this fall.

I am curious about just how likely it would be to join any crew off anywhere on the west coast to Hilo HI. I met someone once who said they had no exp and joined a crew and sailed to HI.

I get along well with others, am smart and strong. I take orders well and there is nothing Im not willing to do to ensure the safety and travel of others. I can pull my own weight, food and pitch in on gas if needed.

I have managed a warehouse, founded and operated a new branch at my current place of work.

Im hungry to face the open sea and challenge myself in a new arena.

If I could sail with you, I have no doubt that I will give you my best.

I am in very good physical condition (triathlon shape) and I have a degree.
I also live in Seattle.