SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Ready and Able Crew Member - San Francisco and Beyond

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jameswesray 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am a 30/yr male living in San Francisco. I love the outdoors and the water. I work in the tech industry as a designer and need a break from corporate American.

I would love to help crew a voyage. I am a newbie to sailing but have taken several sailing courses on the San Francisco Bay. I am a very fast learner.

I am hard working and can do intense manual labor. I am also very intelligent, well read, cordial, and fun.

If anyone is looking for an able crew member please let me know. I am willing to split expenses and I could fly to wherever you are located.

Cheers

#4 ·
I am curious about just how likely it would be to join any crew off anywhere on the west coast to Hilo HI. I met someone once who said they had no exp and joined a crew and sailed to HI.

I get along well with others, am smart and strong. I take orders well and there is nothing Im not willing to do to ensure the safety and travel of others. I can pull my own weight, food and pitch in on gas if needed.

I have managed a warehouse, founded and operated a new branch at my current place of work.

Im hungry to face the open sea and challenge myself in a new arena.

If I could sail with you, I have no doubt that I will give you my best.

I am in very good physical condition (triathlon shape) and I have a degree.
I also live in Seattle.

#3 ·
SloopNanoose, I would be interested in all or part of your trip. I plan to be in your area sometime in August--but can do it much sooner--if you would like to meet and talk about the trip.

No bluewater experience and limited keelboat experience, but I'm pretty comfortable around sailboats and have considerable small-boat experience.

I'm a former airline guy and recently retired so I'm available for short notice trips as well.

You can reach me at Copter808atyahoodotcom.

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.