Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012

RavenKing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to RavenKing
Re: Crew wanted NC to MS

Depending on the dates I could probably help out, at least half the way. Just let me know the dates when you get a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-06-2012

TsailorX is on a distinguished road

I would be available then:
Blue water certified. Able to pay my own expenses
tsailorx@charter.net
Old 06-07-2012

mistershuw is on a distinguished road

I am still looking for crew and leaning more toward starting the trip around the 2nd or 3rd week of July. Still trying to hookup and learn autohelm st4000.

I'm also looking for people to do weekend sails and wreck diving in the NC Cape Carterret area.

And for those that are interested my reason for going to Biloxi is returning home.

Email me for more info - mistershuw@yahoo.com
Old 06-07-2012

Hi Mistershuw, I can do crew work pretty much every weekend from now to you leave for Biloxi. I only live about an hr and a lil change from jacksonville. I dont dive but I am willing to help pay expenses for a sail. If you want I can PM you with my details and what not. Just let me know!
Old 06-08-2012

sailor wench is on a distinguished road

I am originally from NC and have traveled the ICW and ocean routes up and down the East Coast many times. I am mechanically inclined and there's nothing on a boat that I can not do, including installation of your auto helm. I do not currently have any plans for July & August. Are you planning to take the ICW or go out or a little of both? Are you going to take the "slacker's cut" from St. Lucie, FL to get to the Gulf via the Ft. Myer's area? What is the height of your mast? There is a bridge located on the cut with a height restriction. However, it is possible, with the help of the locals to get the boat under the bridge if you exceed the height restriction. I don't know if you are familiar with the process they use to accomplish this. If not, I can fill you in.
As I said, if you need some work done on your boat along the way, I'm competent with electronics/wiring, plumbing, diesel engines, and anything else you may need. I would have to charge you for any work I perform by the hour. Also, I'm assuming that provisions for the crew would be provided by you, as well as transportation from MS back home. I'm a live aboard and am currently in the Annapolis, VA area and would be returning there after the delivery so that I can take my own boat South for the Winter. With what you would have to spend to pay and feed a crew as well as provide return transportation (by Amtrak or plane), you would probably come out cheaper trailering the boat or having it transported over the road.....In September, I'll be leaving headed South and will be in your area mid September. If you were trying to move the boat then, I wouldn't have to charge you nearly as much and you wouldn't have to provide transportation back because I could meet you there and my wife is fully capable of single handing our boat, and we could head South together....just a thought...we plan to stay along the Gulf Coast this winter ourselves.
However, if you do decide to hire a crew, email me @ kafertoys@AOL.com or vwvixen@live.com and we can discuss details.
Old 06-08-2012

mistershuw is on a distinguished road

Maybe its just me but I seem to be getting several emails and IM saying they want to helpout on this trip, yet people are giving me price quotes and stating what I need to provide for them.

Just to clarify I will provide a bed, a place to keep your food and something to cook it on. if you need anything further please take care of that yourself. If you need return money please check to see if anyone is making a trip that direction. If necessary I might be able to feed you (hope you can fish or you like ramen noodles).

Sorry if I sound like an a$$. I dont mind if someone reaches in my pocket to grab something, as long as its not my money.
Old 06-08-2012

sailor wench is on a distinguished road

I'm very sorry....I misunderstood....I thought you were looking to hire a crew and possibly have some work done on your boat....Usually, when someone mentions needing a crew, it means hiring/paying them, and almost always includes feeding the crew....You may want to specify that you are looking for persons interested in making the trip with you, and that are willing to do it for free, as well as cover all of their own expenses, to avoid confusion.
Old 06-08-2012

Mistershuw, if I can help on the trip to biloxi, I will do it for free. I dont expect to be paid for that. It will be a vacation for me. Like I said I can crew almost every weekend for the the dive trips. I can pitch in some money to help buy grub,beverages and fuel for those trips. So keep me in mind for one of those weekend excursions if you are still planning on doing one of those. Have a good one!
Old 06-09-2012

peterconway is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistershuw View Post
Maybe its just me but I seem to be getting several emails and IM saying they want to helpout on this trip, yet people are giving me price quotes and stating what I need to provide for them.

Just to clarify I will provide a bed, a place to keep your food and something to cook it on. if you need anything further please take care of that yourself. If you need return money please check to see if anyone is making a trip that direction. If necessary I might be able to feed you (hope you can fish or you like ramen noodles).

Sorry if I sound like an a$$. I dont mind if someone reaches in my pocket to grab something, as long as its not my money.
Actually asking someone to donate two weeks, onboard a small boat that may, or may not be seaworthy, face unknown weather(strong thunderstorms are the norm) and you NOT feed and see to their safe return, yep...that makes you an ass in my book. I love to sail, but moving a boat is not a daysail. And being in cramped quarters with a boat owner who could care less about his crew only makes the boat smaller. Good luck on finding help.
Old 06-11-2012
BJV

bvander66 is on a distinguished road

Am available July/Aug timeframe. good experiance on Eastern seaboard including ICW and east coast florida. Also handing with most boat systems. Give me a shout if you want my sailing resume. bvander66@hotmail.com

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.