Experienced Couple Seeking Passage S. Africa=>Europe or Carib. - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012

whedlesky is on a distinguished road
Experienced Couple Seeking Passage S. Africa=>Europe or Carib.

My boyfriend (34, German) and myself (25, American) are experienced sailors looking for passage from South Africa to Europe or the Americas. We are available starting December, 2012.

We have several years of experience sailing and living on boats, both as paid professional crew on "tall ships" (large, traditionally-rigged vessels) and as volunteer crew on smaller sailing yachts. We are accustomed to spending long periods of time at sea, since we recently crossed the Pacific, and will cross the Indian Ocean in September. Additionally, we have experience with maintenance on both wooden and fiberglass vessels. We are good cooks and tidy shipmates.

We are hard-working, safety-oriented crew who respect both boat and captain. We are always eager to learn from more experienced sailors. We are also fun, good-natured world travelers, eager to meet new people and enjoy a great trip in pleasant company. We don't smoke and do not get seasick. I will bring my ukulele, and my boyfriend will bring his incredible collection of good and not-so-good jokes.

We are willing to share costs and pay for transportation to departure port.

If interested, please email independebubble at hotmail dot com. For more information about us, visit our blog: crossingtheline2011.blogspot.com. We are happy to provide references upon request.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook