Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road
Re: Female 1st Mate Wanted

I sail my own boat and i make my own decisions[good or bad] denise is the only person that i haven't met that i would even concitor!i feel safer just dozing in the cockpit with the autopilot,an ideal capt and 1st mate relatinship is a rare thing,my doberman can't steer worth a damm and she always sleeps on her watch but hardly ever bitches and pretends not to notice when i make a mistake,it doesn't get much better than that
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-23-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
Why are first post's for a 1st mate regarded skeptically. Took possesion of this boat last April 2011, been looking since. Someone gave me this site's address last weekend. LAS
Donna hit the nail on the head with her well thought out post....

Try this analogy; you walk into the local pub, order your first beer, take a swig, then turn around on your bar stool and loudly proclaim; "Hi I'm new in town, and single. Would anyone here like to date me?"

Kinda awkward... No?
Old 06-23-2012
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road

I am really surprised at some of the childish responses. But constructive criticism is welcome. I thought that I was being open and honest, never said anything about getting a date. And yes I have tried the dating sites, got used twice because I own a boat. Just would like to find someone that has the same love for the ocean and sailing that I do. It is a given, that I would get to know a person, trust is an issue. Maybe I have lead a sheltered life being in the laboratories for so long, and my thinking is too black and white. This site was suggested, so I tried. Also when it comes to my vessel, I and I alone have the sole responsibilty for the vessel and her crew. It is not a democracy. So for those of you with nothing better to do but mentally masturbate behind your keyboards, anonymously, I feel sorry for you. I am a good person, and maybe I will have to find more places to look. Thank you for the helpful suggestions.
Old 06-23-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

your welcome,i expect your getting off easy!
Old 06-23-2012
Captain La

To, "sailingsoon" Apparently I do not have enough post's or some such nonsense to contact you. I read your profile, and would be uncomfortable at this point in using your cell number. Do you know how I should proceed? Sincerely, Larry

Last edited by lsmoske; 06-23-2012 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-23-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

All of this is childish. Basically guys (maybe some gals too) use "crew wanted"ads to mask personal ads!

OP isn't seeking crew ( imho), so it's really not open and honest.

If one were seeking crew, gender would not be a prerequisite!

A personal ad from the type I perceive the OP to be, would read something like;
Gentleman, seeks female that loves sailing and is seeking a possible relationship, ONLY Stepford Wife types that love sailing need apply.

OP has made it abundantly clear what he's about. I don't think there are many ladies out there looking for LTR with a Captain Bligh wannabe. "female only crew, he and he alone, not a democracy"...... oh good grief! I never knew cavemen sailed the ocean blue LOL

Not anonymous
sawingknots likes this.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2012
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
... This site was suggested, so I tried. ...
If someone suggests that you take a long walk off a short pier, give the suggestion more thought than you usually do suggestions.
Old 06-23-2012

fiberglass1 is on a distinguished road

So..... if a guy with a boat prefers crew, or sailing partner, to be female then he is necessarily looking for her to be a romantic partner as well? If this is the way all females would view this situation I think we may have a problem. Calling Dr Phil!
Old 06-23-2012
Captain La

It appears that some people only read the words that they want too. I have never been or aspired to be a Captain Bligh. One of the rules on my boat is "no yelling". One of the reasons that I prefer a female to sail with is that even now, I find that most men are still pigs. I get along better with men 10 to 15 years my senior, because they have the wisdom I find lacking in most men my age. I repeat, my intention is NOT to find a date. I have a few women friends that sail with me, but unfortuanatly they all have some kind of medical issue. I have taught many to sail, I am currently teaching a USCG licensed Captain so he can get his sailing endoresment. The dockmaster here told him that if there is anyone here you should go with, he is the guy. The dockmaster witnessed me firsthand sailing a Hunter 31 home with NO RUDDER, gone sheared off. As a racer, I was unbeaten for two years. Even if I am not the Captain, I am the type of person you want sailing with you. No matter what the problem, in 46 years I have never called for outside assitance. You should not judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes. I am an honest, sincere and hardworking guy. Just want to follow my passion. Maybe I did not come off too well, but people who know me, know I have a good heart.

Last edited by lsmoske; 06-24-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

Modest too!
sawingknots, zeta and DrewH like this.