Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Female 1st Mate Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
Hi out there, Was told this was the place to go for what I seek. I am a 54 year old male. Semi-retired Biomedical Engineer. Sailing since I was a kid, Highly experienced sailor. Race winning skipper and experienced cruiser. Boat is a very well equiped 40 foot Beneteau, one of their best. All the comforts of home. Home port in Massachusetts for now. Experience nice, but can train the right person. For now cruise the Islands, and cape cod. Looking for future voyage to Virgin islands and eventually Austrailia. Looking for a boat mate, lady who loves the sea as I do. Share some expense's.Looking forward to hearing from you, LAS
You know, when I first started Sailnet, I was pretty negative on a lot of these types of threads. I still highly encourage caution from both parties. However, after many years of sailing and being in different waters/places, I will tell you that I run across a lot of great women that are looking for a guy like you. Many will have had kids (or have), many never did but are looking for a different life, and some are screw balls that no one wants on any boat. You can generally spot the latter quickly.

I truly think that you can find someone that meets your aspirations here or other sailing forums. Even hanging out on the docks I run across them. I have found (sure to get me a good razzing from the group here) that after about 35, men often become the prey versus the predators. Of course, if depends on the man and if you look like Ernest Borgnine and have the temperment of a barracuda, good luck. But I think you came to the right place. WHy not Sailnet or related forum to find a friend to sail with you?? THis isn't facebook. If they are here, they have an interst in sailing, one would think!!!

I also couldn't give a crap about spelling. A misspelled word on sailnet doesn't mean you don't know how to spell. It just means you didn't press the spell check button. I misspellllll stuff al the time. No big deal. You can tell the illiterates without a spellchecker.

In essence, I wish you a lot of luck here and I wish the females looking for a sailing friend the same. My only caution to both is that 100 miles out, there is not getting off. Both parties need to be thoughtful that a boat is a committment, no matter your intentions. But in reality, we are all dealing with adults and hopefully are smart enough to know that.

Take it easy and the best of luck in finding a good friend to sail your dreams with. THat's what lifes all about. ANd my wife and kids made it a much better life than without.

Take care,

Brian

PS Degrees in Biology and Chemistry. I was there with you... nothing like being under a hood all day to take out the ole social skills!!!!!
Bene505 and Geoff54 like this.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 07-09-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
I have found (sure to get me a good razzing from the group here) that after about 35, men often become the prey versus the predators.
Are we talking about 35 years or 35 women here??
Old 07-09-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff54 View Post
Are we talking about 35 years or 35 women here??
HEHE! Both!! Of course, I look like TOm Cruise and have the muscles of Arnold Schwarz... at least that's what I see when I look in the mirror!! OThers may have different opinions of my looks, but they may need glasses!!!

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-09-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjango View Post
How lucky am I . I never get lonesome . I do however often times find myself wishing I was the only person aboard any boat that I'm on . But when I am enjoying the company of any human being it is not gender biased & it's because I truly enjoy that person . Living in remote locations has made me brutally blunt . Recently I had a dating site pop up while I was on Facebook . There was 10 profiles to peruse . Each one said they enjoyed long walks on the beach . So I made a profile & this is what I said : I would rather go underwater & f#$k a fish then take a long walk on a beach . I was raised by French women who sold me to gypsies as a child . The gypsies abandoned me to a pack of wolves . Most times after I spend any time with a woman....I really miss those wolves . Looking for a woman to sail with me & screw me til I'm blind . Prefer someone who speaks no English & has no idea what a shirt is for . I got 300 hits the first 24 hours . Here's the best part . An attractive 50 year old theoretical physicist familiar with this area & knowing it's a small island , just got in her car & drove out . ( about 2 hours ) Now this is what I have to say about sex in the V-berth.....That would have killed a normal man . The reason I relate this story is that it's real vague what you're actually seeking . This totally by accident was what happened to me . Hope this helps .
Well, I read this a few times and still am scratching my head. Let me get this straight: You wrote a comment like that which basically vilifies all women and 300 women in 24 hours were attracted by it and one even hopped, sight unseen, into her car with the intention of finding you because of this comment and happened on you at this island and had sex with you in your vberth? Really? I mean, really?!??

Sorry bro. GOtta raise the brown flag of BS on that one. I don't mind a good yarn, but not a whole sweater in summer.

If I am wrong, my the dating gods forgive me. Been a long time. Never met a woman that I would invite into my vberth with a line like that. I'm just sayin'...

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-09-2012

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

I certainly didn't have any difficulty believing the tale. If we were sitting at bar with bev of choice in hand there would be no need to lie and no bragging allowed,I'd just start off with 'Back in the summer of '86' and tell you tales that would apparently curl your hairs.Sadly that was then and I seem to have lost my hearing. At least I no longer hear the sighs of nubile wanna be crew but hope springs eternal . ( 6' 7 , 230 lbs ,own teeth and hair, nice boat.) just in case.
Old 07-10-2012

lulubelle1298@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Hi Capt Len:
I'd be interested and talking about acting as first mate if it works out that we get along and work well together. You can e-mail me at lulubelle1298@gmail.com Have quite a bit of pleasure sailing experiance but, haven't sailed much in the past few years. Lookk forward to talking with you
Take care
Allison
Old 07-10-2012
Owl

-OvO- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Of course, if depends on the man and if you look like Ernest Borgnine and have the temperment of a barracuda, good luck.
Fortunately, I'm completely the opposite, so I should be in like Flynn, eh?

Wanted: sailing chums, gender of no consequence. Must have good taste.
Old 07-18-2012

HopeFloats is on a distinguished road

Well, I splashed through some of these posts.... um, Capt. Lar ...I belong to an active Facebook community for Single Sailors Seeking Soulmates (SSSSM), but enter at your own risk. I don't bite, but I can't speak for some of the other lassies...
Old 07-19-2012

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

it seems you have a few positive responses and i'm glad for that!!!plz forgive any negativity on my part,we're all seeking something/someone and i hope the best of fortune for you,ken owens
Old 07-20-2012

SEMIJim will become famous soon enough SEMIJim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
My only caution to both is that 100 miles out, there is [no] getting off.
Then you're doing it wrong

Jim