SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Female 1st Mate Wanted (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/88709-female-1st-mate-wanted.html)

lsmoske 06-18-2012 08:54 AM

Female 1st Mate Wanted

Hi out there, Was told this was the place to go for what I seek. I am a 54 year old male. Semi-retired Biomedical Engineer. Sailing since I was a kid, Highly experienced sailor. Race winning skipper and experienced cruiser. Boat is a very well equiped 40 foot Beneteau, one of their best. All the comforts of home. Home port in Massachusetts for now. Experience nice, but can train the right person. For now cruise the Islands, and cape cod. Looking for future voyage to Virgin islands and eventually Austrailia. Looking for a boat mate, lady who loves the sea as I do. Share some expense's.Looking forward to hearing from you, LAS

puddinlegs 06-18-2012 10:09 AM

Re: Female 1st Mate Wanted

experiEnced... experiEnce.... women find men who spell well more attractive . It's just 'hot'. :)

puddinlegs 06-18-2012 11:13 AM

Francis, lighten up.... it's all in good humor. You certainly didn't offend me one bit.

How about:

Spell check! Damn, I knew I forgot something. :) My socks don't match today either. Smart is always sexy. Some days I'm smart, some days I'm sexy. On rare occasions I'm both. :)

Ok, I'm being an ass. Apologies, and good luck on your quest! :)

eherlihy 06-18-2012 11:40 AM

Also, first posts looking for a mate are always regarded skeptically...

lsmoske 06-18-2012 11:44 AM

Why are first post's for a 1st mate regarded skeptically. Took possesion of this boat last April 2011, been looking since. Someone gave me this site's address last weekend. LAS

DRFerron 06-18-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsmoske (Post 885907)
Why are first post's for a 1st mate regarded skeptically. Took possesion of this boat last April 2011, been looking since. Someone gave me this site's address last weekend. LAS

This site isn't generally known as a place to pick up dates. Although I'm sure it happens once in a while. While I'm not on the market, I have met some fantastic people as a result of hanging out here. If someone gave you the address in response to you saying that you want to look for single sailors online, perhaps it was done as a joke (on us)? Because either the person doesn't know what goes on here, or he/she knows all too well.

Congratulations on your boat.

lsmoske 06-18-2012 12:52 PM

Live and learn. Really not trying to get a date. But I prefer a female sailing companion. And it was stated to share expenses. When I raced I had some female crew and they were excellent sailors. Also I was attacked by a drunken male crew member in Baltimore when I was bringing this boat to New England from Annapolis, do not care to repeat that experience. Just looking for someone that may want to go on an adventure. And enjoys the cruising life as much as I do. A lot of work to run this boat by myself, and extra pair of hands would be welcome. LAS :):)

pointyendfirst 06-19-2012 04:41 AM

this makes sense to me- I prefer sailing with a female first mate as well. Especially since I can't get my husband to sail! good luck finding a compatible crew and enjoy your boat:)

chef2sail 06-19-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

women find men who spell well more attractive-puddinlegs
So thats been my propblem...thanks for straightening me out............not

msmith10 06-19-2012 07:38 AM

Let's wait and see if CindyC responds (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-w...ighlight=cindy).

She may have been scared off by the barrage of responses to her last post but if not, we could have the beginning of a beautiful friendship.