SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Central America to US July or August

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rockDAWG 
#1 ·
Someone recommended to me trying to find a position on a ship to get back to the US from Central America. I could meet a ship at most any port north of Panama, and my dates are flexible. I don't have much experience, but I'm a good cook and personable. I'm also female, which tends to help me with hitchhiking, so it seems worth mentioning here. I can share expenses to a certain extent.

I don't expect much to come of this, but figured I'd put it out there just in case!

Take care.

#2 ·
you can find crew opportunities from Central American countries on the caribbean sides of these countries there are always northbound sailing vessels mostly going to Florida or east coast U.S. some to the gulf states Texas, Louisana. Cruising Grounds such as Rio Dulce Guatemala, or Bocas del Toro Panama, or near Panama Canal. Bay Islands of Honduras(Roatan). Placencia Belize. Ilsa Mujeres, Mexico near Cancun. Just let local cruisers know and they will put out the word thorughout the sailing community in the area. also there is a cruisers net throughout northwest caribeean any cruiser with a ssb radio can put it on the cruisersnet for you.

fairwinds,
tropicstarsv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.