SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Seeking a boat from Spain to North America

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Capt Len 
#1 ·
Dear all,

I am Orange from Hong Kong, and start to travel 3 months ago, my plan is taking no plane from Hong Kong to Hong Kong by going west. So far I travel from Hong Kong, Tibet, Nepal, India, Iran, then Europe and now in Spain.

My next step is transatlantic, travel from Spain to N. America. I have no open water experience, but I am willing to learning. I can cook since I am a chef, and also cleaning and house keeping for keeping the place clean and tidy. I can take duties at night.

Orange

#2 ·
Hi Orange.

I can't help you unfortunately but I am curious if you don't mind me asking? What happens if you can't find passage out of the next country say, before your visa expires?

It sounds like an interesting adventure. Best of luck on your journey.

#4 ·
Donna: Thanks for your question! Well I have 90 days for me to find all the possiblies and if I am really unfortunate I will go to Morocco to wait for another 30 days and until someone takes me there... I have tried many times that seems to no hope, but something will happen, good or bad, may change my entire life, I have a car accident in Iran, locked up in Middle Asia and hitchhike from Iceland from Hong Kong...... and I am willing for something new happens :)

Captain Len: Thanks for your valuable information!! My plan was finding along the coast from Balcelona, Valencia, Malaga, then Gibraltar. It is nice to know mazbe I can get a ride from there!!! Million thanks again!! :)

#5 ·
Orange ,I wandered the same Iberian coast I found several side trips out of Palma de Majorca. Nice Islands too. Club Nautica was a great place for boats coming and going Remember that skippers all know each other and will 'word of mouth' to others about the live wire they met. In the fall most boats get down to the Canaries before crossing and kickoff crew that didn't work out;. Exchanging for other hopefuls. It's not over till it's over. .Timing is about missing the hurricane season .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.