Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012

orangepolis is on a distinguished road
Smile Seeking a boat from Spain to North America

Dear all,

I am Orange from Hong Kong, and start to travel 3 months ago, my plan is taking no plane from Hong Kong to Hong Kong by going west. So far I travel from Hong Kong, Tibet, Nepal, India, Iran, then Europe and now in Spain.

My next step is transatlantic, travel from Spain to N. America. I have no open water experience, but I am willing to learning. I can cook since I am a chef, and also cleaning and house keeping for keeping the place clean and tidy. I can take duties at night.

Thanks

Orange
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking a boat from Spain to North America

Hi Orange.

I can't help you unfortunately but I am curious if you don't mind me asking? What happens if you can't find passage out of the next country say, before your visa expires?

It sounds like an interesting adventure. Best of luck on your journey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 06-28-2012

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

Back in the day, yachts gathered at Gibraltar Sept or October for southern crossing.I assume they still do. Many hitchhikers prowled the docks looking for berths. Internet widens the cast net but I found the best bait was face to face. Good luck .
Old 06-28-2012

orangepolis is on a distinguished road

Donna: Thanks for your question! Well I have 90 days for me to find all the possiblies and if I am really unfortunate I will go to Morocco to wait for another 30 days and until someone takes me there... I have tried many times that seems to no hope, but something will happen, good or bad, may change my entire life, I have a car accident in Iran, locked up in Middle Asia and hitchhike from Iceland from Hong Kong...... and I am willing for something new happens

Captain Len: Thanks for your valuable information!! My plan was finding along the coast from Balcelona, Valencia, Malaga, then Gibraltar. It is nice to know mazbe I can get a ride from there!!! Million thanks again!!
Old 06-29-2012

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

Orange ,I wandered the same Iberian coast I found several side trips out of Palma de Majorca. Nice Islands too. Club Nautica was a great place for boats coming and going Remember that skippers all know each other and will 'word of mouth' to others about the live wire they met. In the fall most boats get down to the Canaries before crossing and kickoff crew that didn't work out;. Exchanging for other hopefuls. It's not over till it's over. .Timing is about missing the hurricane season .