SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew available - Ecuador/Panama to Gallapgos/Europe

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  steviemiranda 
#1 ·
Hello All, I´m a long time reader, first time poster. I´m currently in Guayaquil, Ecuador.

In the first place, I´d like to get to the Gallapagos, and do some further island hopping.

In the second place, I´d love to do a translatlantic back to Europe.

I have a little experience having earned my Dayskipper in Gibraltar; rounded Cape Horn on a charter; then crewed from Pt. Williams, Chile to Piriapolis, Uruguay, via Pt. Stanley, Falklands.

I´m a relaxed 27 year old Londoner, currently sailing, climbing, motorbiking, etc. up and around South America. I´m keen to do and learn more sailing. I like to cook, and tend to be quite proud of my culinary efforts. I´m also quite proud of my Ukulele rendition of Peter Frampton´s Baby I love your Way. I´m less proud of my grasp Spanish, but am keenly making further efforts.

If you have more time than sense, or plenty of both, my memoirs are recorded on The Way the Wind Blows

I´m going to start prowling around marinas - I gather Puerta Lucia (Peninsula de Santa Elena/La Libertad) and Puerto Amistad & Bahia Yacht Club (both Bahia be Caráquez) are my best bets. I hear Manta Yacht Club is mostly fishing.

Any advice or offers are very welcome.

I´m on craig.miranda at btinternet dot com

Stevie

See less See more
#2 ·
If only for posterity, there were only five boats (visible from a distance) in Puerta Lucia. I was told by a lady, to whom I was point to by security, that there's not much chance at that marina, particuarly at that time.

Further up the coast, in Montanita (just a hippie/surfing town) I gather from the lady in the Diving shop that the sailing season to the Galapogos is just about over.

Combined with losing my wallet in Montanita, I've given up on that long-shot adventure. Wrong place &/or wrong time.

I'm reckoning my best shot is to fly back to the merry old land of England and find a boat back here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.