SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

cruising from Bayfield Ont to the Bahamas

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bljones 
#1 ·
Hi, I will be leaving Bayfield Ontario on or around the second week of September 2012 on a Contessa 26, I will put in in Baifield, sail through lake Huron, lake Erie, lake Ontario, Erie canal, Hudson river to NY, Ocean to Chesapeake bay, south to Florida to finally cross to the Bahamas.
I'm 45 years old, been sailing for 8 years, fit, but this will be my first trip on this sailboat. I have never sailed in this area so it will be a big discovery :)
I have just bought a chart plotter, a depth sounder, a laptop (I will install openCPN) and I will have paper charts also.
I have a spare outboard motor, a quick silver digny with 2 hp, a spare VHF.
I am safety oriented and a relaxed person.

I'm looking for someone to join me on this trip, someone that has some experience sailing and sailed these waters would be preferred, someone that has a nice personality, a female that looks nice in a swimsuit preferred but not a must:) You must be able to pay your way to and from the boat and be willing to share some cost like food...

I should be gone for the winter and spring at least.

If your interested, send me an email or message on here and give me some info on yourself and experience.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Sailboatlover,
I did the initial part of that trip, including from Bayfield, last summer. I also am sailing a Contessa 26.

I would be happy to talk Contessa's, the trip and other such things any time you like. PM me if you're interested and we'll exchange contact information.

Further, we have a strong base of Contessa's at The Contessa Corner and we have started up an (reasonably) active Contessa class association on Lake Ontario. Just tonight we were looking at a fantastically restored and fitted out Contessa which looks better than new.

At any rate, we give me a shout and we'll talk everything from currents in the river to Welland procedures as well as niggles and things that we found helped us on the CO26.

Regards,
Jordan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.