SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1-2 week cruise from Block Island to Chesepeake Bay

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am looking for 1 or 2 more experienced sailors to round out my crew for a cruise from Bristol, RI to Georgetown, MD. Plans include a stop over at the Block than a 3 day 2 night sail to Cape May. Then Up the Deleware Bay, through the C&D canal to the Sassafras River to Georgetown. I hope be under sail as much as possible(weather/ shipping lane traffic depending) and therefore I need experienced sailors.

This cruise is planned for the 1st week of May (during the full moon) but I am giving it 2 weeks to make sure we travel when the weather is good. I know this is a short haul but I hoping there may be some old salts looking to get out for a few days before the season up here kicks off!

The boat is a 1971 Bristol 34. EPIRB and SSB equipped with radar, GPS, Chartplotter, VHF, etc.. Please contact me via e-mail with any questions.

Email Address:
daniel_pitman@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Dan Pitman
s/v Essayons II

See less See more
#2 ·
Dan-
IMHO, unless you are towing a warp or plan to travel via LI Sound rather than the direct 200 NM Atlantic route, the leg from Block to Cape May shouldn''t take more than 48 hours.

Of course that would be the direct route. If you instead, were to hug the LI/NJ shoreline, you could easily spend an extra day just dodging traffic, not to mention the extra miles.

Capt. Bruce
boatskipper.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.