Crew Wanted - Relaxed sailing beautiful Maine Islands - September - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012

Location: See my blog SailingAquinnah.blogspot.com. Maine to the warm Islands down South
JohnZion is on a distinguished road
Crew Wanted - Relaxed sailing beautiful Maine Islands - September

Looking for 1 crew member [maybe 2] for sailing around the beautiful coast and islands of mid-coast Maine in September. Crew can join for a few days or a week or more.

Boat is a very good condition Pearson 36.5 ketch with solar and wind generator, grill, refrigeration. We will be sailing and anchoring off undeveloped islands and beaches, with lots of time to explore the shore, watch wildlife, read, cook good food, have fires on the beach, relax, forage, go clamming, paint, etc.

I am forty-five, been sailing since I was eight, from Greece and Italy to the Bahamas and Virgin Islands. I am a former wooden boatbuilder, wildlife biologist, relaxed, like to laugh and have a good time. Open to male or female crew, or a couple. Experience not necessary, but would be nice. Please CALL me if you are interested [I will have very limited or no time to get online between now and then].

Crew is responsible for their own food expenses (maybe $5-10 day), transportation at both ends of the trip, and a small daily contribution to fuel and boat expenses [negotiable].

You can see my last posting for crew and the crew’s post-trip comments under ‘crew wanted Maryland to Cape Cod.’

Please call John at 802 999 thirteen ninety-eight. Leave a message if I dont pick up.

Happy sailing!
Sailorette5478 likes this.

Last edited by JohnZion; 12-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2012

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew Wanted - Relaxed sailing beautiful Maine Islands - September

Good luck finding crew, Always the wrong time for me to enjoy such a trip! Maybe catch you on the way back down should you head back to the chesapeake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My two lovely ladies!!
Old 08-28-2012

seaojoe is on a distinguished road

I'm curious as to how the uscg look at this and if a uscg ticket would be required since $$ is changing hands. Any thoughts??
Thanks.
Old 08-28-2012

davidpm is on a distinguished road

I can vouch for John as a good captain, I was on the last trip.
Old 08-28-2012

Tempest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaojoe View Post
I'm curious as to how the uscg look at this and if a uscg ticket would be required since $$ is changing hands. Any thoughts??
Thanks.
46 USC 2101 ( 5a) Allows:

"voluntary sharing of the actual expenses of the voyage, by monetary contribution or donation of fuel, food, beverage, or other supplies. "

I would jump on this offer...if I didn't have a class to teach in sept. This is a great opportunity.
CalebD likes this.
Old 08-28-2012

goosesgooses is on a distinguished road

John, I noticed you have sought after crew more than once. I am not available in September but if you are looking for crew October and beyond please send me a PM and i'll tell you a little more about myself. (I can't send one to you until I have 15 posts and prefer not to tell personal information on the open forum)

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2012

sailortrash is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaojoe View Post
Thanks.
If you were being payed as a crew member and the owner is the captain you would be fine
Old 09-01-2012

Selkie60 is on a distinguished road

I'll be sailing "Gotwit", a new 40' Hanse, between Boston and mid-coast Maine in the middle of September. Say hi if you see us.

Old 09-06-2012

Location: See my blog SailingAquinnah.blogspot.com. Maine to the warm Islands down South
JohnZion is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I am now in Portland, heading north for Belfast on Friday morning.

Sail up from Cape Cod was great (25 knot winds in Buzzards bay), hit [not literally] Hull, MA, the Isles of Shoals off NH {loved it, will go back}, Kennebunkport {too touristy and ritzy for me} and Portland {great old city with long oceangoing history, lots of good food, art and live music}.

Next - the real Maine islands begin! Lots of them. And tons of lobster pots to dodge. Dodge the pot. I hope I can just run them over when I'm sailing {no, not when motoring, I know}. Talk about zig zag zig zig zag. Yikes.

Thanks for the comments so far. Cheers Tempest, David and Goose.

Open spots for Maine are Sept 7-15 and Sept 21-28.

After that, if someone wants to join me for the sail back down to Cape Cod in late Sept/early October . . .

November will find me heading south, so if you are interested, call or email me. In the short term, just call! No internet on board.

OK, I am going clamming. Nice garlic-cilantro-white-wine sauce to steam them in . . . . . and maybe mahi mahi shishkabobs with pinapple, onion, mushroom, red peppers and . . . .

Anyone hungry now???

Bye
Sailorette5478 likes this.

Last edited by JohnZion; 09-18-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-06-2012

Tim R. is on a distinguished road

Pots are not too bad this year John. Many labsterman either are not fishing or are using limited gear.

Remember that you will start to see toggles in Muscongus bay and most will have toggles by the time you reach Frenchmans Bay.

IMO, the mixed area is worse because it can be difficult to match a toggle to a pot as some fisherman use a plain white toggle instead of a matching one.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tags
crew maine september

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.