SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Couple wanted for shared cost sailing to New Zealand

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Nikiticka 
#1 ·
My 47' ketch will leave around February 1, 2013 for Auckland, New Zealand and will take at least 6 months to get there. I'd like a couple to share costs of food, diesel, entry and exit fees, cruising permits and other costs countries impose on cruisers. You would have a private cabin and head and the 3 of us would share helm time. There are roller furling head sails, full battened main and mizzen all in new or very good condition. There is a hydraulic auto pilot steering system on board. The toys include a scuba compressor, 6 tanks, spear guns, fishing gear and 2 folding kayaks.

My boat was refitted and relaunched in 2009 with all systems in near new condition. All safety equipment is up to date. I prefer quite places over busy noisy places, but I'll check out the masses from time to time, keeps me adjusted. I exist on a healthy diet, do not smoke and do not allow smoking on my boat. I am 65 years old and in very good shape.

I have family in NZ and a huge desire to explore the South Island, I've seen much of the North Island. The fishing is supposed to be as good or better than Alaska and I'd like to find out.

If you are interested please contact me and have references ready to send for my perusal. Thanks for your interest, Gary

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.