SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Strong Experienced Crew Member on West Coast

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  angello 
#1 ·
Hi,
My name is Chris and I am looking to gain a little more Blue Water or Coastal experience before I start on my own voyage. I have been on multiple coastal cruises and one blue water cruise. Opua NZ to Minerva Reef and Minerva to Fiji.

I am very easy going and compatible. I love fishing and can bring my own gear. I also can clean, filet, sashimi or grill a fish in a timely fashion. I am an open water certified diver and can spear fish as well.

I am very handy and can fix most things. I own a small construction company here in Portland and do remodels on houses.

I know what it is to be a good crew member and am willing to help out anywhere it is needed.

Please send me a PM if you are looking for an experienced crew member.

#2 ·
Hi Chris,

My name is Jim and I wanted to introduce myself to you and present you with my idea of a plan which is in some ways similiar to yours.

I recently leased some land on Tonga and I am looking for a experienced captain that would love to set sail from the west coast (California Bodega Bay more precisely) to that region in the South Pacific, in a few years time. I noticed that you have that adventure behind you as an experience and wanted to tap into your knowledge if I may.

I have very little boat experience and at this time no boat, which postpones my plans out into the future. As you may have discovered it is hard to find some one who doesn't mind taking on a newbie and is willing to show me the ropes. Have you had much contact with folks up there that may be interested in this type of apprenticeship? If not, do you know what ways I can contact some one down here like you to find similar interested minded folks? I just posted my introduction on Sailnet.com and hope interested parties can contact me this way.

I do hope that you get the experience you are working towards, the very best of luck to you and keep me in your filing cabinet if you ever decide to go back to the South Pacific.

I appreciate your time,

Best regards,

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.