SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew wanted for cruising and marine research in South east asia

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  abirose 
#1 ·
Hi,

I (45, male, Western Australia) am looking for crew to go cruising in Malaysia, Indonesia, Borneo with 51' Formosa. Crew shoud be idealy experienced sailor, diver (we do reef checks and participate in marine projects), marine scientists welcomed. Cost sharing, will start March 13 - open end. If you are interested write to christhepirate at gmx.com
cheers-chris

#7 ·
Well I was going to offer assistance although I am a fairly new sailor I have dived in damn near every ocean of the world however, as a Texan (Dreaded Merikin so to speak!!) living and working in Singapore I would likewise be trouble!! Although I have traveled extensively throughout SE Asia, work daily with Singaporeans and Malayasians of all religions very successfully counting some of them as my closest friends, would not wish to cause your expedition TROUBLE!!
:cool:NOT!!!

#8 · (Edited)
Interesting threat that i have started, love it, more mothers with doughters?

just to explain the details and give it to open discusion. I step back now. You know where you can find me!

The project will start in March and we will be ideal 4 people, 2 female 2 male. To participate with friends in Malaysia to do some reef surveys and help to set up marine managed areas. the fun factor is what it is all about and sailing to the remotest and best places in Sabah, Phillipines and who knows what comes up. I have the boat, the diving gear and the love to the sea. you bring your time and passion for sailing, diving and meeting new friends. costs are for living and to run the boat (mainly diesel). all is non profit but the profit will be maybe the best time of your life.
The weather will be best from april on to sail in the south china sea, I will be there earlier
and meet people and prepare the boat.
that´s the plan, all ready far to detailed for my taste...wind in the sails!

that´s a pirates life, go where the boat goes and don´t be afraid of anyone just of your own capabilities!

cheers and there is still rum in the bottle!

chris

#10 ·
Hi Chris

I am tentatively interested. I'm 32, female, from N.Ireland.

Regards sailing experience; I've sailed since I was about 10 but most of my experience is in dinghy racing although I raced keel boats in NZ for a couple of years. Have also done a bit of cruising on the Irish Sea and raced in the NZ Coastal Classic a few years ago.

Regards diving; I have my PADI Open Water Cert.

Regards Marine Biology; Little knowledge / experience but I'm a fast learner.

Regards me: Just finishing off an overland trip from Ireland to NZ (currently in Western Australia) which included 2 years knocking around China and S.E. Asia. So in a nutshell, I love a bit of adventure and would be keen to see more of the area.

What's your ballpark expectation for duration of project / costs and is the boat in Oz or would the plan be to meet in Malaysia?

Cheers

Leah

#13 ·
Both myself and my boyfriend are available. We are currently working in Indonesia. I have biology degree and experience of marine research. I also have my competent crew sailing cert and have been a marine biologist for 3 years. Please contact me on abirose18 at hotmail dot com. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.