SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Position wanted

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Looking for a mate position in Annapolis area available immediately. 40 year old female, good ship mate, fast learner.

I have passed my OUPV Coast Guard Captain exam and need to build a little more sea time for review board.

Willing to do whatever it takes, currently restoring Pearson Triton for coastal cruising. Have built 19'' gaff rigger, good with my hands, don''t mind doing maintenance, good cook and great with clients/guest.

Simply need an opportunity. Thanks.

#2 ·
Angie,
I am headed back to Mass very soon from Florida. I may go up chesapeake..probably not though...I''m 35 yr old Naval Officer who took a year off from the Navy to sail.

I have a beautiful, well equipped Pearson 34 It would be enjoyable to have a motivated hand onboard. Glad to forward picture of myself and boat info/picture.
cheers,
Bill (greenwave92@hotmail.com)

#3 ·
Bill, send a photo of your boat. aaarrrgh! Just kidding. Seriously, if you need crew, especially if you are coming up offshore I would love to help you. I can meet you at any point down south. I really need to lock down a paying position but until then what the heck.... I am a good ship mate, quick study and am learning to be a good sailor. I am daring and do not wimper in the most trying times! Regards, ang

G
#4 ·
Hi Angie. I need 1 add''l crew to sail my Tayana 52 from Bermuda to NYC. 4 days sailing departure June 8th. This is an opportunity to gain sea miles on a proven safe and comfortable bluewater yacht with an experienced crew. Possible full or part time position available. Email me direct with any questions. Thank you, gil@svfreedom.com

#5 ·
I am looking for a crew member for a June, July 2004 cruise in the Bahamas with my family and friends aboard my 56'' Fontaine Pajot Catamaran sailboat (possible long term employment leading to captain''s license). Duties include deckhand, cleaning and assisting with light mechanical maintenance. All expenses paid and a salary according to experience.

Must have a positive attitude and a love of life. Male or female, young enough to climb around the boat, sorry but no smokers.

If you would like to explore this further email me back and lets see what happens.

Bill

#6 ·
Bill

I would be very interested in speaking with you to see how I could be of assistance to you. As stated, I have passed my OUPV Coast Guard exam but need more boat experience. I am a hard worker, fast learner, good cook, non smoker and good ship mate. I am restoring a Pearson Triton for cruising and have built a 19'' gaffer from scratch. I am good with my hands and with most things mechanical. I am a 40 year old female, sound body (have landscaped for the last 20 years) and mind. I am willing to do whatever is needed. Please email at windrose215@comcast.net. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Angie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.