Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013

happykatsu is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted - day sailing San Diego Bay and beyond

Iím a new sailor and boat owner and Iím looking for people to sail with in order to gain experience and have some fun, starting in April of this year.

Iíve completed my ASA 101/103 certification and have been out several times as skipper. Iíve loved every minute of sailing so far and want to get out there as much as possible. Because I have the luxury of setting my own work schedule, I can pick one or two sailing days a week between Friday-Monday with a fair bit of predictability.

The boat is Walrus, a 2013 Beneteau Oceanis 37.

Iím definitely not looking to do anything terribly ambitious for a while, although my hope is to eventually take some multi-day trips after gaining a bunch of experience and completing ASA 104/105/106 (scheduled for summer). In the meantime, Iím just looking to go out on the Bay and on the ocean beyond Point Loma for 3-5 hours per trip.

Iíll buy sandwiches and drinks for everyoneÖ you bring anything else you might think you want.

If youíre up for some basic sailing then drop me a private message, send a note to my Yahoo.com email (name sandiegowalrus), or reply to this post with an email address or other contact info (which could have the added benefit of getting you on the radar of other potential skippers in the San Diego area as well).

We can sync schedules and set up sailing dates in April/May/June and beyond. In a perfect world I would end up with a list of quality people to sail withÖ and you would have a reliable/predictable skipper and boat for when you want to go out sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2013

pcarlson is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew wanted - day sailing San Diego Bay and beyond

happykatsu,
I live in San Diego and would be interested in crewing on your boat. I have been sailing off & on since the 70s. Yes - old fart. Not looking to do any Transpac racing but love to get out on the water.

Pat
Old 02-25-2013

robmo01 is on a distinguished road

Hello:

I am responding to your search for crew for sailing in the ****. I live in OR, but we get down to SD periodically and I would be interested in crewing for you if the opportunity arises. I'm an old fart, but I have about 50 yrs of sailing/boating experience, still at it in OR. Most of my experience was gained on the East Coast on Buzzards Bay which is well known for very nasty conditions. I have about 3000 miles of blue water experience racing and deliveries. As they say in MA, I'm a wicked pissah sail trimmah. Let me know if there's any interest.

Cheers,

Scott
Old 02-26-2013

NewportNewbie is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the boat! I sailed a Beneteau First 30 I was thinking about in San Diego Harbor. What an awesome place to sail! I have not been sailing long, but would be more than happy to go for sails in San Diego. I am in Newport Beach just up the road, but wouldnt mind coming down. Or maybe you may want to sail up?

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-27-2013

Scott and John: Yes, interested, email me at sandiegowalrus *at* yahoo.com. I tried to PM you but apparently can't until my post count is a little higher.
Old 03-01-2013

cool breeze is on a distinguished road

Recently relocated from the East Coast. 25+ years sailing. I have a lot of blue water racing and deliveries. Looking to get out in these local waters.
thanks
p.s. was this boat in La Paz,Mx?
Old 03-03-2013

HMSResolution is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I would love to sail with you there in San Diego. Please look for an email from my Gmail address. Thanks, Nathan
Old 03-04-2013

gooooodwaves is on a distinguished road

I'm in San Diego and I've also completed my ASA 101/103. It's been about a year since I did my certification and I've been itching to get sailing again. I can't PM you because I'm a new member here, but please let me know if you are still looking for people.

-Matt
Old 03-04-2013

gooooodwaves is on a distinguished road

Also, there is a meet-up group in SD called Sailing San Diego. It looks like there are quite a few people, boats, and events going on with that group, although I haven't had a chance to go out with them yet. Might be worth checking out...
Old 03-10-2013

Matt - write me at sandiegowalrus yahoo.com if you're still interested; am starting to fill out calendar for April/May sailing days. Also, I did check out Sailing San Diego meet-up and it looks interesting. I may try it at some point. I'm more looking to create a group of "regulars" but the meet-up might be a good way to jump-start that process. Thanks for suggesting.

Coolbreeze - Definitely still interested. Boat wasn't in La Paz to my knowledge (was on a trailer from Marion SC where it was built and then sat with dealer for a short while).

Tags
san diego crew , san diego day sailing , san diego daysail , san diego sailing , san diego sailing crew