SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Florida to Bahamas cruising

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  egallant 
#1 ·
I''m looking for someone that would like to cruise the Bahamas (Abacos and possibly south) from the last week of this month (May) till the end of June and perhaps the first week of July. The boat is a well found and well built 32'' Down East Cutter, a classic boat that''s comfortable, safe and fun to sail.

I will cover all of the boat expenses, food, fuel, dockage, and all of that, you would cover your own shoreside expenses. Sailing experience isn''t required but a willingness to learn and have fun are required.

Pete

#4 ·
I am very interested in this excursion. I am am 23, strong, healthy, have a great work ethic, and am very personable and fun to be around. I have experience sailing small inland water vessels and am very eager to learn more. Im motivated, very handy, enthusiastic and ready to go. please respond at dreadnaught1588@yahoo.com. thank you

#5 ·
I am looking for someone that is wanting to break the bonds of landlubbery within the next 12 months, the intinerary is open, but the carribean islands (all 700 of them) are first, then after i would want to head to the pacific,i will have a sailboat within 6 months, and outfitted with all the necessarys for safe navigation and power as well as comfort.
The last sailboat i had was a 28'' pearson, dearly the best, but had to sell because of want for bigger boat or different one.
If you''re interested, let me know, and we''ll connect, if it takes off, the target date can be moved up sooner, i''ll be willing to also cruise to your port to pick you up if you''re on the east coast.

#6 ·
Sorry to everyone that replied. I was without net access for most of the trip down the coast of Florida and didn''t get back online till I got to Marsh Harbour.

Anyway, I managed to get the boat here by myself (wasn''t as hard as I figured) and I''m cruising with a group of friends in a small flotilla of four boats. Bahamas are great, water is warm, beer is cold, weather is perfect, blah blah blah.

Maybe next time.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.