SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   Looking to crew on the Chesapeake (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/9750-looking-crew-chesapeake.html)

baston 05-16-2004 09:41 AM

Looking to crew on the Chesapeake

I recently moved from PA to MD and am looking to do weekend crewing on the
Chesapeake. I''m within easy driving distance of the Baltimore/Annapolis area. I''m
looking for someone who enjoys cruising and exploring the Bay. I''m 56, in great
shape, and wanting to gain experience on 25-35'' sailboats. My goal is to buy my own
25-30'' boat by Summer, 2005.

I have lots of experience on day sailers such as Lightenings and Hobie Cats. I''ve
skippered a Hobie !6 and raced on Barnegat Bay for several years. As a youngster, I
sailed Sunfish, a Duster, and a Chrysler Mutineer. I''ve helmed 30-50'' boats while on
sailing vacations and taking lessons.

I''m not looking for pay, just experience and good company.

Barbara A.

eathen 05-20-2004 03:18 PM

Barbara,
I am 70, retired and have a Tartan 37 which
I keep at Herrington Harbor North in Deale
MD, which is about 20 miles south of
Annapolis. I used to race Lightnings and
Thistles for many yaers but gave it up for
the cruising scene 10 years ago. Frequently,
I find myself in need of a crew. If you are
interested, please get in touch. I will be
leaving for the Bay Friday evening the 21st
and will not have acess to a computer. I will
be living on the boat for the next two weeks
and if you want to contact me you can call
me on my cell phone, 443-994-1925.
Lynn

saf122 05-20-2004 05:35 PM

Hi Barbara,

Your post caught my eye - like you, have helmed 50 footers on sailing courses/vacations yet want to achieve confidence/competence in smaller more managable craft. Currently have a boat in Edgewater MD - south of Annapolis. Though usually play the part of sailing wife (good follower of directions) and herder of small children, anxious to become confident boat handler in my own right. Boat is a 28 foot San Juan sloop-rigged with decent accommodations plus a Boat US Tow membership! I am 33, a nurse, fairly strong and fit. Would love to have a female companion to occasionally take Bay trips with and to gain some much needed dutch courage. Maybe we can both get what we need - interested? Email me at safdog@comcast.net.

Fair Winds,

Jane

saf122 05-20-2004 06:53 PM

Doh! Thought I better note that I need "plain old courage" - not necessarily "dutch courage" as mentioned in my original post. oops. (Though maybe after we get back to the dock dutch courage might be more suitable!?) My mistake, Jane

angiewilson 05-21-2004 07:25 AM

Hello, I would love to join you folks anytime you need crew. I am rehabbing an old Pearson Triton at HH North and live out in Shady Side. I am 40 years old and in the process of re-inventing myself. I have passed my CG OUPV exam but need more sea time for the review board, I have sailed solo, most of the time, on boats in the 25-30 range but still feel like I am a neophyte. I am good with most things mechanical, able bodied and don''t whine. I am also a good cook and good ship mate. I am interested in meeting women of similiar interest. I would look forward to hearing from any of you. You can reach me at windrose215@comcast.net
Regards, Ang

KenKapt 06-01-2004 04:04 PM

I am looking for crew. I have a 31 foot sloop at Fairwinds Marina on the Magothy River. I have been sailing from the Magothy for 20 years. My age 55. Would like to plan a sailing trip for Sat. June 5.
Ken

rower 06-03-2004 06:01 AM

Ken,

I sent you a message via the message center. I am available to crew on 6/4.

Thanks,

Peter

maineac00 08-21-2004 09:47 PM

Hi. I have a 30 Hunter and always looking for crew on the weekends. Pls cal if interested. 703-768-7568.