Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Crew Wanted/Available
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013

Dog Ship is on a distinguished road
Re: Experienced Crew needed from Tahiti to Fiji

I posted this in another thread but I see after 3 pages of Debbie's dietribe here that it's still valid. I'm a Canadian too but you don't speak for me Debbie.

Attitude is everything Debbie.
I would rather have inexperienced crew that I get along with rather than someone who has experience and has a bad attitude.
With the attitude you have expressed here you will be at best, lucky to find crew, and if you do find crew you are in for a huge learning curve about attitude and dealing with people. With what I have read in your posts I am going to predict that you and your fiance' will find yourselves alone or dead.
May I suggest paying your crew then you will have some right to maintain your bitchiness towards them.
Good luck with that.

Oh by the way, it's colour not color.
rockDAWG and chef2sail like this.
No slobbering on the charts.

Last edited by Dog Ship; 06-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog Ship For This Useful Post:
rockDAWG (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bljones View Post
debbie, you are absolutely coorect- it is YOUR RIGHT to post on a public forum... just as it is OUR RIGHT to reply. (Did the capitals add emphasis, make my point any stronger or display the amazing power of my intellect. Nope. Didn't work for yours either.) The people replying here, debbie, aren't "hating"- they are providing you with the benefit of their experience and knowledge.
The fact that you don't like the advice doesn't make it any less valid.
That advice was given in the hopes of, believe it or not, helping you. Maybe a change in your approach might change the results of your crew search?
Instead, here you are, months later, still looking for crew who will also pay for passage.

As rockDAWG will attest, being a frequent delivery crewperson- the standard is that, in return for crewing, meals are provided by the skipper, and airfare for the flight home is a frequent custom.

Experience delivery crew understand that this is the rules of the game, and anybody who expects temp crew to pay their own way shows their inexperience- which will make good help wary.

Please take this advice in the spirit in which it is offered- like everyone else here, I am trying to help.
Well Brian and many others, you guys are way too kind. You just can't teach stupid. If her BF knows how she was behaving on Sailnet with here abusive and unintelligent attitude, he would dump her and find another.

If I were a potential crew and had plenty of money to spend for my own travel, I would NOT sign up with someone who is so mean and combatant, and totally disrespectful to others (crews). It will be the voyage to Hell.

She, and may her BF too, thinks that .... Hey we have a big 50' Hunter sailboat. We are the higher society. We are the desirable. If you are nice, you may join us. But make sure you pay for your own food and drinks.

In many years I have been crewing for others. $15 to $20 a day is more than enough to feed crews of 3 to 5. It is the least amount of the cost of cruising. That is why for all crew wanted posts, a 100% of owner/captains is willing to pay of that. But no, debbiedragonfly comes in and demands her crews must pay for their own.

She wants:
1. Experienced crew and must guarantee no sea sickless
2. Pay your own way
3. Pay for your own food.
4. Every time he grabs a soda or bottle water, he must pay for it.

I wonder if the crew needs to pay to take a dump. This thread is just absurd. You just wonder if she came form Mars. It defies the Northern American standard of human decency. I would never treat someone like that. Let alone when someone is my crew. My life and my boat are counting on him, I would never treat him anything less but, equal, fairness and respect including those who have less experience than me.

It is not the money I concern, it is the attitude to others and being so cheap that concerns me. This worries me about their safety standard and cutting corner to save a few dollars.

Regardless what I think. The fact speaks for itself.

1. Every crew wanted post on here or any other forum, it usually fills within a few days. There are always more crews available than crew wanted.

2. Despite debbiedragonfly actively recruit other on sailnet replying position wanted post, she is looking for a crew. No one will take the bait.

There is NO taker. It does not take a genius to understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
I will do Tahiti to Fiji, If it takes 15 days or 4 weeks for a flat fee of Au$4850+ meals. And that's cheap.
You are a fair man. I would not sign up for this if it pays $10,000 AUD. The mental abuse and belittling in the voyage, I would rather jump off the boat and hope the sharks are hungry.
chef2sail and Dog Ship like this.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.

Last edited by rockDAWG; 06-13-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2013

Awe...and then she went away
I hope George, (her fiance' with the 50ft. Hunter) reads this, if he's smart it might save him from a fate worse than death.
chef2sail likes this.
Old 06-16-2013

Sherrinthesea is on a distinguished road

Wow!
I have been following this post from the beginning. I noticed the posts getting narkier and narkier until finally, the stuff i was reading was rude and downright mean. So i figured that i must have missed something. Just went back to re read all the posts to find the OP has deleted all her posts.
So what are you people on about? Why the personal attacks? There is no way that the original poster deserves the replies to her post that she has received. Her partner is sailing his boat and he's asked his Missus to see if she can organise crew. Crew pay their own way to the boat and chuck in for food. Pretty standard from what i've seen.
At least there is no requirement to sleep with the skipper which seems to be the norm in way too many 'crew wanted' situations.
What a nasty bunch of people you guys are. You talk about attitude - with the attitude you've shown i'd sure hate to be crewing on a boat with you lot.
Sherrinthesea
rgniazdowski likes this.
Old 06-16-2013

Dauntless Brent is on a distinguished road

No thank you. You get what you pay for and you're paying nothing. That would be like me paying to deliver someones boat to the Bahamas and then paying for my own flight home. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 06-16-2013

delite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrinthesea View Post
Wow!
I have been following this post from the beginning. I noticed the posts getting narkier and narkier until finally, the stuff i was reading was rude and downright mean. So i figured that i must have missed something. Just went back to re read all the posts to find the OP has deleted all her posts.
So what are you people on about? Why the personal attacks? There is no way that the original poster deserves the replies to her post that she has received. Her partner is sailing his boat and he's asked his Missus to see if she can organise crew. Crew pay their own way to the boat and chuck in for food. Pretty standard from what i've seen.
At least there is no requirement to sleep with the skipper which seems to be the norm in way too many 'crew wanted' situations.
What a nasty bunch of people you guys are. You talk about attitude - with the attitude you've shown i'd sure hate to be crewing on a boat with you lot.
Sherrinthesea
Given debbie deleted her posts all I can tell you is the people on here were charitable in their responses. Clearly you didnt follow this from the beginning as you suggested or you would know Debbie didnt like that people other than her could express some thoughts or more importantly provide some fantastic feedback that didnt agree with her own version of reality. She was incredibly rude and self righteous. Nobody would spend 10 minutes on a boat with her, never mind a 2-3 week passage.
I'm sure you and debbie probably have all the sailing knowledge in the world so the delivery captains and incredibly experienced crew members on this site should probably be deferring to the 2 of you.
By the way she is still looking for crew - contact her and see for yourself what a gem she would be to spend 21 days with.
Old 06-16-2013

You check it out.
Debbiedragofly is Debra Converse and George her (fiance' with the 50ft. Hunter) is George Garai.
George is co-owner of this boat and quite a player. He has constantly been looking for crew, preferably female, for at least the last two years. Probably ever since he bought the boat.
I have a feeling that Debra is maybe being used by this guy. She has been offered the world and been given a city lot. She just hasn't realized it yet.
Other than my own investegating I have no proof, it just smells really bad.

Last edited by Dog Ship; 06-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2013

Sherrinthesea is on a distinguished road

so the delivery captains and incredibly experienced crew members on this site should probably be deferring to the 2 of you

Delite - what an incredibly uninformed and pompous statement. How can you make that statement without assuming an awful lot? You know absolutely nothing of my credentials, qualifications, knowledge and experience. In terms of tone - the words "combatative" and "misogynist" come to mind. I've worked at sea with lots of guys like you - can't take orders from a woman.
I'm sure you're not really the dinosaur you're coming across as.
(sigh)
Sherrinthesea
rgniazdowski likes this.
Old 06-16-2013

Oh....and there is the nerve. Did that hurt?
Old 06-16-2013

rgniazdowski is on a distinguished road

This is my first visit to the sailnet forum and unfortunately this is one on the first threads I've read. This women does not deserve this extreme negativity and I hope this is not a constant for this website.