SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Crew Wanted/Available (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/)
-   -   New York to the Med (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/crew-wanted-available/98470-new-york-med.html)

TrishAffleck 04-13-2013 12:50 PM

New York to the Med

Hi Everyone,

My name is Trish, I'm 56, Australian & have a 2004 Catalina 42'.

I am looking for crew to join me on trans Atlantic adventure to the Med, starting in Charleston, SC then onto New York, the Azores & then finally southern Spain.

I have an extremely well equipped boat & she has all she needs for blue water sailing & trans ocean crossings.

My plan is to leave Charleston no later than mid May, head for NY, spend a couple of weeks there as well as Long Island Sound, Newport, Martha's & Nantucket which will be the staging point for the crossing to the Azores around mid June.

A couple of weeks R&R in the Azores & then it's onto the Med. I expect we would arrive there in mid August.

So, if you have a few sea miles under your belt, like the idea of such an adventure, I'd love to hear from you. Your contribution to food & boat expenses is US$200 a week & I supply everything else.

When you reply, tell me about yourself, your experience & anything else that you think is relevant. I am happy to answer any of you question.

You will need a valid passport with 12 months before expiration on it & no criminal record. Weapons & drugs are a no no.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Many thanks
Trish

joflo123 04-15-2013 10:06 PM

Re: New York to the Med

Trish,
Sounds like a great op. I owned and sailed a MacGregor25 swing keel in mountain lakes. Some saltwater experience in San Francisco Bay and Orange County, CA. I live 2 hrs from Charleston. Might consider the leg to NY. Tell me a little more of your experience. John, 49, valid US passport.Cheers!

TrishAffleck 04-15-2013 10:18 PM

Hi
Thanks for getting back to me. I am looking for crew who can commit to the entire trip, not just legs of it.
I have plenty of blue water experience both here & in Australia.
Thanks
Trish

joflo123 04-15-2013 10:35 PM

Trish,
I'm still new at this. Wanted near shore experience before I got over my head. Email me if you need to cover the US leg joflo123atyahoodotcom.
John

tominny 04-20-2013 09:08 PM

New York to the Med

Hi Trish,

I am planning the same trip for next year with my boat. Would love to talk to you about the route when you are passing through NY. I am in Manhattan and keep the boat in Port Washington on Long Island Sound (free transient town mooring there with complimentary water taxi!).

Thomas
tominny -(at)- -g- -mail- -(dot) -(com)

meredithmjackson 05-03-2013 01:13 AM

Hi Trish,

I am interested in joining you on this trip. I am 21 years old, mountain girl living in Colorado studying oceanography and am getting sea fever. I have about 3,000 sea miles on 134' SSV Corwith Cramer and Wilderness EMT. Would be available at the end of May until mid-August. If I can squeeze it in time-wise, I'd love to commit. Hope to hear from you,

meredithmjackson at gmail dot com

fair winds