Crown 23' - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-17-2010 Thread Starter

Crown 23'

Well, looks like I'm the only Crown owner here so may as well be the first to start a thread. I bought a Crown 23' last year and am loving it. Just in the midst of replacing the winches and will be out sailing in no time! I sail it in the Vancouver area.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-18-2010
Just another Moderator

Welcome aboard, always nice to see a another BCer on the board.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #3 of 7 Old 07-26-2014

Re: Crown 23'

My friend just bought a 23' Crown Sailboat. Does anyone have an owners manual for this boat?. I have also information for the person who owns a Crown sailboat. Crown was designed by William Lapworth. He was also the designer of Cal Sailboats; built by Calgan Marine of Vancouver. I have however looked for the Calgan Marine and was not successful in finding the Marine. I got this information from a person on Craigs list; who was selling his Crown sailboat.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-27-2014

Welcome! I have a boat that had a limited amount built and have found it difficult to get much info or help in working on it. I have a Del Rey 24, 1965. and really like it. Good sailing to you.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-23-2014

Crown 23 ,good strong boat. A friend of mine bought one new in 1975 and brought it Kelowna in the fall, we sailed that boat all winter,raced it all summer, then took it to Vancouver and raced all winter down there;guess we were a little nuts ,get in the van on Fri. go to Van. race Sat.Royal Van.party ,race Sun. West Van.drive home.. I now own a Crown 34 Go figure
post #6 of 7 Old 12-23-2014

Welcome to the group. Lots of good info to be had here. I have been sailing on the east coast but just sold my boat. I am looking at some boats for sale/sail on the west coast now. I hope to be on the water soon but still have to get a boat and moorage.

Catalina 27 Aft. galley, dinnet L/O
Update - Sold Norah's Ark Buying A 24'Shark
Saint John NB
Canada
post #7 of 7 Old 12-23-2014

I don't know whether you looked on SailBoat Data, but they have a nice write up here: Sailboats built by Calgan Marine Ltd. (CAN) by year on Sailboatdata.com

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.