SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Solomons, MD Marina (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/100789-solomons-md-marina.html)

Net0man 06-25-2013 03:23 PM

Solomons, MD Marina

Hello, my wife and I plan to have a three days sailing trip on July 4, 5 & 6 from our home dock in Deale, MD. We thought about sailing south to Solomons. Which marina would you recommend to spend a night or two? We would like shower and WiFi amenities. A swimming pool would be nice. Thanks in advance.

dsmauney 06-25-2013 03:30 PM

Zanhizers. Great place. There for two years. Has your amenities plus restaurant. Other eateries not too long a walk.

Goodwinds
DaveM

Seaduction 06-25-2013 05:14 PM

Re: Solomons, MD Marina

Yes, and make your reservation last week!

zeilfanaat 06-25-2013 05:17 PM

We just stayed one night at Spring Cove Marina, a bit further up Back Creek. Huge, private, spotless showers, well-kept grounds.

I wasn't there long enough to explore all the amenities, but I believe they have a free shuttle and loaner bikes to take you into town. There are a small bar/restaurant, charcoal grills and a pool on-site. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

T37Chef 06-25-2013 09:40 PM

Spring Cove or Zhanhizers...both have nice pools, I like SC better. Both have really nice and private bathrooms, I like SC better. Zhanhizers has moorings, SC does not.

Check Active Captain for reviews

T37Chef 06-25-2013 09:41 PM

If time allows, spend a night on the hook in St Leonard's Creek...beautiful

Sabreman 06-25-2013 10:17 PM

Zahniser's always has a slip or T-Head and they have mooring balls too. Check out the pool and attached bar, Dry Dock Restaurant, order a new sail from Quantum, or borrow a bike (free including lock) and ride into town for dinner. West Marine is a short ride or walk from the marina, but they have a pretty complete ship's store too. I like just walking the docks and looking at the boat-flesh; and the always have something interesting in the slings. It's one of my favorite marinas and they aren't out to soak you. They also have private bath rooms, as in a room with a door with shower, toilet, and chair. Quality everywhere. Can you tell that I like the place?

chef2sail 06-25-2013 10:54 PM

Spring cove..tucked in the trees nice place
Zanheisers professional well kept working marina

Stayed in both...and like both

PBzeer 06-26-2013 03:56 AM

I've stayed at Spring Cove twice, and will stay there again.

Net0man 06-27-2013 07:37 AM

Good morning. Thanks everyone for suggestions. I made a reservation at Spring Cove. My wife and I look forward to visiting Solomon's. :) What places do you recommend us to visit? The Drum Point Lighthouse sounds cool.