Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2013

captmetatron is on a distinguished road
Re: Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!

Yep, idiot seems appropriate, from my electrically powered self-contained 42' Morgan Outisland (not bad for homeless) when addressing someone who assumes so much.the tarp is for shade, there were no leaks, the sailcover is below because she'd just been under sail, and the tire just happened to work better than the manufactured bumpers. But hate on, I'm sure it makes your life so much better what with the ulcers and all... just do the world a favor, and wait till you've got something constructive to contribute... that way we'll never hear from you again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2013

NCC320 is on a distinguished road

The boat (from a distance) has nice lines. Let's hear more....
davidpm likes this.
Old 07-23-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmetatron View Post
Yep, idiot seems appropriate, from my electrically powered self-contained 42' Morgan Outisland (not bad for homeless) when addressing someone who assumes so much.the tarp is for shade, there were no leaks, the sailcover is below because she'd just been under sail, and the tire just happened to work better than the manufactured bumpers. But hate on, I'm sure it makes your life so much better what with the ulcers and all... just do the world a favor, and wait till you've got something constructive to contribute... that way we'll never hear from you again...
Hey captain timewarp, you called me an idiot long before I made any assumptions about your lousy boatkeeping...and thanks for proving my assumptions right.

Yeah, tires make fine bumpers- on boats that never sail, or move, skippered by lazy slobs who never bother scrubbing the skidmarks off the topsides anyway. They make great mosquito breeding ponds as well, and stow much better than "manufactured" bumpers do.
But that kind of know-nothing defensive stupidity is what every broke-ass lazy "captain" says... then rants when his uninsured POS boat becomes a taxpayer problem and his lazy boatkeeping becomes a public eyesore.

Regarding your "electrically powered self-contained 42' Morgan Outisland" ..
Unless you learned anything from your last fiasco, it's on a matter of months before it becomes another florida taxpayer problem.

the tattered and faded pirate flag cliche pretty much tells the story.

I hate to see a boat neglected.
I hate to listen to someone who takes no responsibility for his problems.
I hate liars, blowhards and fools. They make it harder for the rest of us to sail under the radar.
If that makes me a "hater," I'm good with it.
You keep spoutin', I'll keep hatin'.
JomsViking and shadowraiths like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2013

I agree, NCC, thank you, she rides beautifully, extremely stable under just about any conditions, how many other 38 year old ladies can ya say that about? :-)
Old 07-23-2013

So, yeah, here's how I picture this, and please let me know of any (constructive) criticism. I'm going to attach a sling-like arrangement to the port gunwale that runs under the keel and is attached to an outrigger. Kind of an arrangement, so as to keep her heeled over to reduce the draft. The water gets about 3 feet deep at high tide, hopefully it will be enough to change her 6 foot draft into a 2.9,?!?! Then it's about 900 yards to serviceable water ...
Old 07-23-2013

simple geometry-
to reduce draft by half, you have to heel boat at least 45 degrees.
If said boat has a 6' draft currently in 3 feet of water, the keel is effectively buried 2-3' in the bottom.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-23-2013

overbored is on a distinguished road

seem to me that with all the technology that we have today and the fact that you have a lot of time to post here that you could post a pic of the ill fated boat so people on this site could be more effective in helping you solve your problem. then you could spend more time with the boat and less time on this site. which seems to be the reason the county officials have a problem in the first place. if you can't see why a county would have a problem with a anchored boat with a tarp to keep it afloat. a tire on the side because you are the only one that thinks it works better, and a set of perfectly flaked sails just says derelict boat to most of us. your boat looks about as good out there as a pile of tires on the side of a old concrete highway. I also don't think the boat was robed on the water and set free. more likely your ground tackle broke and it got ransacked after it hit the beach.

Last edited by overbored; 07-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2013
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC320 View Post
The boat (from a distance) has nice lines. Let's hear more....
Yes, if you squint, and don't look at the condition of the boat. Looks like there is rust coming through from the re-bar/chicken wire between the tire and the Lady Liberty, but hard to tell from this distance. Ferro Cement is not inherently terrible but it is the weakest material per pound for sure. Only became popular because it allowed for backyard builders to start a dream. I wonder how many got broken up before launching? Most of the designs were a bit to far out there on the pirate kitsch for my tastes.

By the way it was a sunny day when this photo was taken, there is just a grey cloud hanging over the boat.

Quote:
Oh you didn't buy another boat did you? You can't take care of the one you have so the last thing I can see you doing is buying another one. By the way I have not seen one thing constructive posted by you in this thread. If it was to discuss moor ring rights OK, but all you have done is prove that you are exaggerating you situation, at a minimum. I hope you take care of the Morgan better, and clean up your mess from Lady Liberty. Why such big boats for one person anyway? I would think a smaller boat would give you less trouble and perhaps you could keep up with the maintenance.
Old 07-23-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep, idiot seems appropriate...
I agree. In fact, I think most of us here would agree. "Idiot" seems completely appropriate.

I just think we might disagree regarding to whom the term would best apply.

Last edited by denverd0n; 07-24-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-23-2013

For the first three sentences I was wondering where you were going with that, Don.

Tags
abandoned boats , ferrocement , florida west coast , legal , miss liberty

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.