Join Date: May 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 15
Sailing CA Coast in Aug
Im planning to relocate my 34''sailboat from San Francisco to San Diego this month. I''ve sailed other larger boats from SF to PV and Cabo, but it was always in Nov & Dec when weather and seas are usually very calm and always ended up motoring most of way. Was lucky if wind blew over 15knots for more then 24hrs. Not being from the CA area - anyone see problems (i.e. historically unstable weather) sailing/motoring down in Aug. versus waiting till Oct/Nov. It''s a typical coastal cruiser (Irwin 34, 6 ton total displacement & shoal draft keel) and relatively safe but I prefer to limit my liabilities and be more conservative when it comes to sailing outside. Also any thoughts on over night anchorages from SF to San Diego, if needed, would be appreciated.
Thanks much for all opinions. DS