Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006

Spontaneity is on a distinguished road
Passing time on long passages,

Other than reading, movies, & crawling around the deck at attempt to capture an artistic photo of various boat parts, what is your favorate passtime? (maint., and standard chores don't count)...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Assuming we are not passing it with head stuck over the side...

I enjoy doing some writing, though that is not for everyone. I cannot do this if I am on the patch (absolutely cannot focus).

I will tell you where we spend a lot of time if there is a nice breeze and the seas are not bad: Leaning into the jib. I works best on about a beam reach... close hauled you are heeling too much. Walk forward (partner watching of course) and grab onto the Jib and kinda hang over. I could stand there for hours staring out into the sea. Is it just me or is there a very slight vacuum where you cannot hear anything but the occasional splash of the wave and a very comfortable silence?? The world is quiet and you feel like you are the only person. Best place on the boat, in my opinion.

At night, lay down in the cockpit and stare off to one side of the bimini. MAN!!! there are countless stars out there once you are away from the land masses.

Ever sit there and wait for the moon to come up over the horizon? It is huge at sea.

I cannot fish worth a darn, but sometimes I throw over the hook just in case some poor, stupid, blind fish crosses my path. I don't really want to catch anything, just something to do I think. I am not sure my Spiderman Pole with zero-test would take anything anyway. I guess one of these days I will have to get serious and actually try putting some bait on there?!!
Old 09-05-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Writing and reading would be the top of my list... followed closely by listening to music.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-05-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Music, reading, and writing are definites. Just started trusting the A/P enough to go forward for more than a minute or two this weekend, and I enjoyed standing at the bow as well. And not to forget, just musing on new projects .

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 09-05-2006
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Playing my accordion where no one can hear me!
Old 09-05-2006
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
getting rid of my tan lines! ;-)
Old 09-05-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
Playing my accordion where no one can hear me!
Thank god for little favors.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 09-06-2006

MikeinLA is on a distinguished road
Looking for Eryka's boat. ;-)
Old 09-06-2006
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
You'd be welcome if you bring a good supply of sea stories - conversation is actually my most-favorite way of passing time while sailing. That and looking for the green flash (oops, that was another thread)
Old 09-06-2006
Telstar 28

Eryka, I don't think that's why he was looking for your boat...

Telstar 28
New England